Search found 71 matches

by scorpione
01 Feb 2009, 14:45
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Teresa Migliano
Replies: 2
Views: 3339

Re: Teresa Migliano

regarding Therese Migliano: She came to America,with her mother,Portia,in around 1921.Her dad,Antonio, came sometime before, probably around 3 or 4 years before.The two women came thruogh Ellis Island.They came from a small village somewhere outside of Naples.We've heard that the village no longer e...
by scorpione
31 Jan 2009, 16:25
Topic: Teresa Migliano
Views: 3339

Teresa Migliano

Can anyone help me find information about Teresa Migliano. She was born in 1915. I don't know where in Italy. Her dad was named Antonio and her mom was named Portia.
I would greatly appreciate any help.
Thanks.
by scorpione
27 Dec 2008, 05:23
Forum: Locations in Italy
Topic: Jewish background of Caivano
Replies: 4
Views: 5389

Jewish background of Caivano

While travelling in Italy,three different curators at three different museums,told me since my name is Caivano,I might well be Jewish. Why would this be true if it is? Thanks
by scorpione
27 Dec 2008, 05:19
Topic: History of comune of Pontelatone and Formicola
Views: 3825

History of comune of Pontelatone and Formicola

Can anyone tell me about the comune of Formicola and /or Pontelatone. When was it settled and by whom. Thanks.
by scorpione
27 Dec 2008, 05:15
Topic: surname Caivano
Replies: 3
Views: 3605

surname Caivano

Can anyone tell me about the surname Caivano? Thanks
by scorpione
21 Sep 2007, 00:30
Topic: Caivano
Replies: 6
Views: 5668

Re: Caivano

I am looking for information of any kind,regarding San Angelo in Formis.My grandmother ,Carolina DeGregoria, was born there in 1884.Thanks
by scorpione
21 Sep 2007, 00:29
Topic: Caivano
Replies: 6
Views: 5668

Caivano

Can anyone give me any information at all about Caivano,a city about 9 miles north of Naples.I'll be grateful for anything....how it got its name---the historyof the town....its Jewish backgroun etc.

Since I proudly bear that name,I am understanably interested in finding out all I can. Thanks.
by scorpione
06 Aug 2007, 20:41
Topic: TOSI family (and others)
Views: 4724

Re: TOSI family (and others)

There was a Patricia Tosi who was a teacher at a junior high school in Kingston.N.Y.I do not know her maiden name, but I think her husbands first name was Peter. I believe they live north of Kingston in or around Shokan ,New York. Good Luck P.S. Tne name of the school was M.Clifford Miller Junior Hi...
by scorpione
06 Aug 2007, 20:21
Topic: Iorio
Replies: 0
Views: 2709

Iorio

:) I am looking for info about Guiseppe Iorio who married Albina Zanetta.They lived in Torino. He was born around 1889. Thanks so much.
by scorpione
06 Aug 2007, 20:17
Topic: Urbani
Views: 2563

Urbani

Can anybody give me info about Gregorio Urbani who married Micalina Berardinelli.They resided in Roccaraso in the province of Abruzzi.He was born around 1889. Thanks 8)
by scorpione
03 Sep 2006, 04:36
Topic: In Need Of An Expert Opinion
Views: 3477

Re: In Need Of An Expert Opinion

Mike,

Thanks for the interesting info about the Vikings and Normandy.I suspect we shall never know for sure but the journey is almost always more intersesting than the arrival.
by scorpione
28 Aug 2006, 00:12
Topic: Church Records
Views: 3336

Church Records

I have traced my relatives(Caivano) in Formicola and Pontelatone(CE) to the mid 1700's but now I need to access the Catholic Church parish records and I don't remember much Latin. Is there anyboby who can tell me where I can find translations for the birth, death and marriage parish records. I imagi...
by scorpione
18 Aug 2006, 07:29
Topic: Church in Formicola and Pontelatone
Replies: 1
Views: 2958

Church in Formicola and Pontelatone

Can anybody give me the name and address of the catholic church :?: in Formicola and also in Pontelatone? Thanks
by scorpione
17 Aug 2006, 06:46
Topic: Immigants to Italian towns
Views: 2450

Immigants to Italian towns

Does anybody know of a simpler way to find when one's relatives came into a known town from another previously unknown town .I know my grandfather and his family were inhabitants of Formicola and nearby Pontelatone back til about 1800.I want to learn where they were before they settled in Formicola....
by scorpione
10 Aug 2006, 10:02
Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
Topic: Translation Help
Views: 4388

Re: Translation Help

Hello to all, On July 25 I wrote asking for a translation of 3 sentences I received from Italy.While I believe I get the gist of it there are a few words whose meaning does not seem right and could be of great help to me. Is there anybody who can give me a translation which I am certain would be bet...