Search found 32 matches

by inejenn
18 Jul 2011, 17:02
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Paulucci family
Replies: 56
Views: 43632

Re: Paulucci family

We are related! My Grandma, Alice Paulucci, was the sister of Rose. I will send you a private message with my e mail. Jennifer
by inejenn
24 Jan 2011, 17:51
Topic: Alessandro Lucchesi, born in Lucca
Replies: 6
Views: 5062

Re: Alessandro Lucchesi, born in Lucca

Thank you adelfio, I have checked out the website but I don't understand Italian!
by inejenn
24 Jan 2011, 16:02
Topic: Alessandro Lucchesi, born in Lucca
Views: 5062

Re: Alessandro Lucchesi, born in Lucca

One of my ancestors was also an Image Maker, he was Pietro Paulucci, and I have a Marriage Bond dated 1783 where he was in York, England and paid £200 for the Bond. I have drawn blanks with any research further back than that, apart from I think his father's name was Benjamin. I would like to know ...
by inejenn
29 Jul 2006, 20:29
Topic: 200 GBP - how did they afford?
Replies: 2
Views: 3171

Re: 200 GBP - how did they afford?

Thank you for the reply. I have been told Image Makers were artists who sculpted images in plaster of paris, hence the reason for them settling in Nottingham area as this is where the plaster came from. The document says that Pietro Paulucci of the City of York, Image Maker and John Bettison, baker ...
by inejenn
29 Jul 2006, 13:59
Topic: 200 GBP - how did they afford?
Views: 3171

200 GBP - how did they afford?

I have just obtained a copy of the marriage licence for my ancestor Pietro Paulucci who married in Newark, UK in 1783 where he paid the sum of two hundred pounds for the licence. His occupation is given as Image Maker, and he had signed the document which leads me to believe he was educated. Can any...
by inejenn
28 Jul 2006, 14:05
Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
Topic: Speaking Italian
Replies: 5
Views: 5391

Re: Speaking Italian

The following tips might help: Borrow some tapes from the library and listen to them while driving or doing the housework or whatever. At first use the tapes intended for leaning the basics of the language where they give you the translation. You will be amazed how much your absorb subconsciously. A...
by inejenn
25 Jul 2006, 21:25
Topic: Help needed with translation please.
Views: 4738

Re: Help needed with translation please.

You are so kind, thank you very much! I am intrigued as to the blue blood connections! Actually I would like to reply to this gentleman, could I possibly prevail upon your kindness to translate an acknowledgement for me? Something on the lines of: Dear Igino Many thanks for your e mail and for the i...
by inejenn
25 Jul 2006, 17:03
Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
Topic: how did my Italian ancestor understand English?
Replies: 8
Views: 5941

Re: how did my Italian ancestor understand English?

Thank you for your help Riccardo (and everyone else), I have received an e mail today but have trouble understanding most of it. I have tried to find out the places mentioned but no success with those either! Any help would be greatly appreciated from anyone. Thank you and can I just say that the re...
by inejenn
25 Jul 2006, 16:59
Topic: Help needed with translation please.
Views: 4738

Help needed with translation please.

I have received the following e mail from Italy regarding my search for ancestors and although I have used Babel online I am not sure the translation is very accurate. Could anyone please help me??? (I am making an effort to learn Italian but it is slow progress, but I am at least trying so hopefull...
by inejenn
21 Jul 2006, 00:16

Many many thanks for the links you sent me, I shall contact the people there. I am so grateful to you for this information, and will keep you informed of my progress! :D
by inejenn
20 Jul 2006, 17:58

Many thanks Riccardo! I am determined to find out more about Pietro;s birth place and wonder if it might be worth writing to a newspaper in Lucca area to see if any Paulucci families might be able to help? Do you think is a good idea and if so, can anyone tell me how do I find out the address of a n...
by inejenn
19 Jul 2006, 19:46

Thanks for that Riccardo, but does this mean Pietro was from a wealthy family? He was an Image Maker but I am not sure what this was. Also, do you know where in Lucca I could search church records as I hope to visit there, perhaps in autumn.
by inejenn
19 Jul 2006, 14:06
Topic: help needed to find where my ancestor came from
Views: 5174

Re: help needed to find where my ancestor came from

One of the above replies suggests a way forward is to contact the preists in Tuscany. I now know Pietro came from Lucca, born c1760, can anyone adviseme how I get in touch with priests in that area?

Also, any suggestions as to how he travelled to England?
by inejenn
19 Jul 2006, 14:00

how did my Italian ancestor understand English?

I have found that my Italian ancestor, Pietro Paulucci, born c1760 in Lucca, came to England c1780 and married here in 1783. He signed his name on the marriage certificate, which indicates he was educated, but I am now curious to know if he would have known any English before coming here? Has anyone...
by inejenn
15 Jul 2006, 04:53
Topic: Lucca - Paulucci, Image Maker
Replies: 1
Views: 4240

Lucca - Paulucci, Image Maker

I have now found out that my ancestor Pietro Paulucci probably came to England from Lucca c1780 as an Image Maker. I would like to visit Lucca and see the museum there and also check any of the church records for Pietro. Can anyone offer any advice as to how I can check the church records? Also, doe...