Search found 7 matches

by JOHNE
15 Jul 2006, 20:00
Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
Topic: NORCIA IMMIGRATION EAST LIBERTY ,PITTSBURGH , PA
Replies: 15
Views: 14254

Re: NORCIA IMMIGRATION EAST LIBERTY ,PITTSBURGH , PA

Hi Acording to Louis Norcia ss applicaton his mother was Virginia Scrima and the 1910 census shows his father married to a Virginia Norcia this is same surname she used used on the marraige certificate filed in Westmoreland County in Pa, it shows she was married before and had only two children livi...
by JOHNE
27 Jun 2006, 20:18

The name on the marraige certificate is Michelangelo Norcia. I have never come across the name Lenoard, Yes i was refering to the naming tradition for Louis. I do not know of Michelangelos siblings. Michelangelo was not married befor according to all the records i have seen.
by JOHNE
27 Jun 2006, 04:38

Maria There dau, Rosario, was born Aug 25 1898 according to the Diocese, Louis was born in 1897 to a Virginia Scrima,I found a Marriage license and it says Michael was not married before, the license was never returned to the court house as being used, The woman on the certificate listed is same as ...
by JOHNE
27 Jun 2006, 03:55

Maria: Looking at the manifest again makes me wonder if that is him? What census index are you using, the one i access does not show him and i had to look on every street in eastlibery to find him by luck,you found him instantly. I can not find him in my census search, can you in the 1900 census, ar...
by JOHNE
26 Jun 2006, 22:42

The census you quoted is correct , but the Ellis Island quote is not him .
by JOHNE
26 Jun 2006, 21:00

Hi, this would save us time searching if you could answer these.... What was his year of birth... What name is he listed as - on the 1910 census record you speak of... we would like to see the census Possibilities.... 2 Norcia,Michelangelo Graci, Italy 1920 31 1889 3 Norcia,Michele Greci, Avellino ...
by JOHNE
26 Jun 2006, 20:36

NORCIA IMMIGRATION EAST LIBERTY ,PITTSBURGH , PA

HI: My ggrandfather immagrated to USA in 1888 accoding to 1910 census and was naturalized according to census, I have researched the national archives in Philadelphia and Pa state archives for county records to no avail,I have searched the Ellis Island web site and the Castle Garden web site. The re...