Search found 23 matches

by mcherry
30 Jun 2020, 20:34
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Vincenzo Ceraso and Filomena Ferarro
Replies: 9
Views: 1645

Re: Vincenzo Ceraso and Filomena Ferarro

I may not understand correctly. I am finding Vincenzo Ceraso, San Donato di Ninea 1868-1935, parents as Luigi Ceraso 1828-1892 and Giovanna Lannitelli 1839- Is this not correct
by mcherry
22 Jan 2020, 19:29
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Vincenzo Ceraso and Filomena Ferarro
Replies: 9
Views: 1645

Re: Vincenzo Ceraso and Filomena Ferarro

Hello, My Great Grandparents through Anthony=>Gus
by mcherry
31 May 2007, 14:54
Forum: Locations in Italy
Topic: San Donato di Ninea - from Ceraso
Replies: 30
Views: 47055

Re: San Donato di Ninea - from Ceraso

I am going to take the weekend and organize all the great information regarding my family, Ceraso, and San Donato di Ninea. I am afraid of forgeting all that I have learne. Can anyone recommend a family tree format to use. there is so much information to include on just a tree. Also, any more inform...
by mcherry
26 Oct 2006, 15:51

Hello, ccapolup Thank you for offering some information. If all goes well I hope to travel to Italy in June or July of 2007. My previous question asked, "Would there be places to stay in such a small town?" What travel tips might you have? Also, I'm interested in what life is like San Dona...
by mcherry
06 Oct 2006, 02:56

Thanks Jean for the pictures, I think I'll have to get in to better shape before I go after seeing the hills. Where there many tourist in San donato in May? I've never traveled in Italy. What tips or advice for traveling to San Donato di Ninea. ---Cosenza, Calabria region-- Would there be places to ...
by mcherry
19 Sep 2006, 02:10
Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
Topic: cognome "ROSIGNUOLO"
Replies: 2
Views: 5620

Re: cognome "ROSIGNUOLO"

La mia famiglia è venuto da San Donato di Ninea, Prov. di Cosenza (Calabria) da 1890 a 1921 al unito Dichiara. Il nostro nome è stato cambiato da Ceraso "alla ciliegia". Mi sono detto a ch'alcuni dei miei parenti potessero andare in Argentina. Non ho alcune informazioni sulla vostra ...
by mcherry
10 Aug 2006, 22:31
Forum: Off Topic - We don't only do Italian Genealogy
Topic: Ceraso asks another one. Elizabetham Vasil.
Replies: 27
Views: 30078

Re: Ceraso asks another one. Elizabetham Vasil.

Grandparents lived on Spring Street Glen Lyon and a passport showed a Staskiel leaving from Prussia. Great Grandparent's name Adolf and Johanna. I think name MAY have been stasHkiel before it was staskiel. The two entries from the 1930 cencus are correct. Not yet sure about the 1910 one. As always.....
by mcherry
10 Aug 2006, 08:51
Topic: Last name changed "Cherry"
Replies: 66
Views: 54119

Re: Last name changed "Cherry"

Hmmmm maybe a link is missing or I just don't see it. Where are the childreen listed after Concetta? From Maria Ok... to recap... Filomena and Vincenzo's children... Domenico (vj, it does look like another sibling in Italy... at first glance it looked as if Filomena's brother was a Domenic...) Filip...
by mcherry
10 Aug 2006, 05:05

Thanks for the map and for asking your Mother. Maybe someone else has traveled through the area. Who is Nonna J? Also...... what's the story regarding the 1-5 Stars above the avitar?
by mcherry
10 Aug 2006, 04:57

Re: Ceraso asks another one. Elizabetham Vasil.

This find was my next name. Very Very interested in this Staskiel line. the name MAY have been stasHkiel prior to America. I need some time to look at the links above. thanks again for putting it all back together!! Michael S1930 US Census (2 pages) Newport (Glen Lyon), Luzerne, PA 38 Spring Street,...
by mcherry
09 Aug 2006, 00:45

Ceraso asks another one. Elizabetham Vasil.

Once more with feeling..... Okay, this is none Italian but can you get me started L & M? Census/manifest info for: Elizabetham Vasil. Married Joannem Dankulic Feb 14th 1903 at Holy Family Slovak Church in Scranton PA. she arrived through New York. Her parents were Michaelis & Elizabetham Va...
by mcherry
09 Aug 2006, 00:34

Has anyone traveled near the very very small town of San Donato di Ninea - Cosenza, Calabria region? I hope to go in the spring and would like some travel tips. Never been to Italy. Thanks! Michael
by mcherry
05 Aug 2006, 00:59

Thanks, jcsm. so this is where they all came from. I can see the mapquest but the other link is blocked and will have to wait until I get home.

Does anyone have any first hand knowledge of the town or local area? the mapquest link above may help.
by mcherry
05 Aug 2006, 00:19

San Donato di Ninea - from Ceraso

Hello all. Okay the family tree is filling out but I have found very little on San Donato di Ninea. I think it is below Naples but I know very little else.

Michael
by mcherry
25 Jul 2006, 21:58
Topic: Last name changed "Cherry"
Replies: 66
Views: 54119

Re: Last name changed "Cherry"

[align=justify]Well... I had fun!! :!: [align=justify] and I do have some sorting to do. After I have it all together I'd like to run it by you all. I'll have more questions I'm sure. Also, I'm glad you found this one interesting. It was exciting watching you bounce ideas off each other. So .... you...