Search found 59 matches

by NYJudi
07 May 2017, 04:39
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Dominick Colombo of New Rochelle, NY
Replies: 8
Views: 2294

Re: Dominick Colombo of New Rochelle, NY

Thanks for researching further, Marty. It opened up some others that were researching my family. The only thing is that they don't have my grandfathers Matteo (married to Maria Donata Vaccaro) name on being a child of Matteo and Maria. As the children of Matteo Colombo and Maria Donata, they have Ma...
by NYJudi
04 May 2017, 03:58

Re: Dominick Colombo of New Rochelle, NY

Hi Geri, Thank you for your reply. I don't think I'll ever know where in Italy he came from or who his family might of been. I know nothing at all about him. I am a member of ancestry.com and went to find him coming to the U.S. and there are so many Domenico Colombo's I have no idea which one he wou...
by NYJudi
04 May 2017, 01:11

Dominick Colombo of New Rochelle, NY

I'm back to genealogy. I got discouraged when I was getting no where but now that I'm no longer working I have more time and I'm back full force. What I do know about my grandfather Dominick Colombo is that he was married to my grandmother Angelina. I know all the names of the children since I was r...
by NYJudi
01 Jul 2009, 00:19
Topic: Colombo/Tinto/DeVito Families-New Rochelle, New York
Replies: 95
Views: 74523

Re: Colombo/Tinto/DeVito Families-New Rochelle, New York

:D Hi, My father was Anthony J. Tinto, CA. Margaret are you related to Michael Tinto. My grandfather was Anthony Tinto who later changed his name to Samuel. Married a DiNapoli. My father was from New Rochelle. Please let me know. According to my aunt Dolly, were related to the Colombo, Devito. Hi, ...
by NYJudi
28 Mar 2009, 05:00
Topic: Italian Americans in Connecticut, 1942
Replies: 36
Views: 35327

Re: Italian Americans in Connecticut, 1942

Hi, I was wondering if there was anything for Tinto (name changed from Tinchettella)? They were from the Fairfield CT area.

Thanks,

Judy
by NYJudi
27 Oct 2008, 04:34
Topic: Colombo of New Rochelle, NY
Replies: 50
Views: 61887

Re: Colombo of New Rochelle, NY

By the way how is Bizbee doing these days? My wife and I skirted along the border on one of our desert forays and stopped off there for a few days. The mine was a fun ride straddling the moving benches where you go up to go down and down to go up (clever way they made it easy for the mules to pull ...
by NYJudi
21 Oct 2008, 04:36

Dear NY Judi since I live closeby let me know if you run into and problems with the church records in New Rochelle. I have family buried at Beechwood cemetary. =Peter= Thanks for the offer Peter, I'll take you up on it if I need to. Up until 3+ years ago, I was your neighbor. I lived all of my life...
by NYJudi
21 Oct 2008, 04:26

You can contact the church (ex: St. Joseph's on Washington Ave. I contacted them for my dad's baptism certificate. At the time he was baptized 1910, the church was called St. Giuseppe's). Just give them a range to search (ex: 1940-1945) Thanks for the suggestion. Hmmmm, I'm going to try getting in ...
by NYJudi
19 Oct 2008, 20:12

Also, a repeat request if any new members know of my family. My grandfather was Dominico Colombo born abt April 26, 1872 in Italy. Died January 11, 1950. Son of Matteo Colombo and Maria D. Vaccaro. Married Angelina Tinto (name changed from Tinchettella) born abt February 22, 1884 in Italy. Died Octo...
by NYJudi
19 Oct 2008, 20:10

Hi all.... I thought I would pop in and say hello and thought that maybe with the new people posting now, that maybe someone could help me. I'm still stuck in my quest to find out more about the Colombo family. Maybe someday I'll be able to break though a brick wall. I do have a new question. My que...
by NYJudi
10 Dec 2007, 02:41

I was raised in the "West" and have many memories of the comments made by "hahmastro" and "nyjudi" - you can see some on my earlier postings on this website re a book I have written to keep those memories alive. I am having a book signing at the Boys (and now Girls) cl...
by NYJudi
05 Dec 2007, 05:00

I've really enjoyed reading some of the comments about West New Rochelle. I was born and raised there. Moved away when I got married. My family still lives there - Mastroberardino, Viccaro (my aunt and Uncle Pete and Louise owned the pizzeria/restaurant you referred to - my aunt still lives in the ...
by NYJudi
27 Oct 2007, 04:13
Topic: Italian Americans in Connecticut, 1942
Replies: 36
Views: 35327

Re: Italian Americans in Connecticut, 1942

I have come across a 1942 publication entitled "Who's Who of Italian American Descent in Connecticut" on worldvitalrecords.com. If you have relatives from Connecticut and you do not have access to www.worldvitalrecords.com (subscripton required) I would be happy to look up your Italian su...
by NYJudi
17 Oct 2007, 04:42

Talking about societies in New Rochelle there was one called the ? Calabria society they were on Union Avenue. There was another building on 4th Street called the North Italy Hall. Just adding some info My family had a liquor store for years on Union Avenue...It was called Colombo Wine and Liquor. ...
by NYJudi
16 Oct 2007, 03:51

Hey I was born and raised in New Rochelle and I never knew of these facts. Glad you said that, I was starting to feel a bit awkward, telling natives about a city I've never been to, by translating a book written by an Italian from documents obtained from immigrants to New Rochelle :? But, these thi...