Search found 22 matches

by pjdoitnow
04 Nov 2011, 21:35
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: COMMITO family from Raiano, L'Aquila
Replies: 35
Views: 29020

Re: COMMITO family from Raiano, L'Aquila

Ciao Nuccia, I just thought I would drop you a note, a follow up so you can see how your help has influenced my life! I was able to find family, family I didn't even know I had, in Raiano. We have since bought a house in 2010, renovated and last summer (2011) we were able to spend 8 weeks there. We ...
by pjdoitnow
17 Dec 2009, 01:55

Ciao Gabriele & Nuccia, I am back from Raiano, it was a wonderful trip. ten days of looking at homes to buy adn deciding that a tiny little place in the Centro Storico would be my choice. It has a wonderful view from the balcony of mountains and even a little snow when I was there. I am not sure...
by pjdoitnow
05 Nov 2009, 23:44

Nuccia, Yes, i appreciate the link back to the record. Getting the USCIS documents is proving to be difficult, they are so far behind! This helps though, and while i am there i will get my great grandparents documents, so that might be a help. I appreciate all the assistance you have given me. Perha...
by pjdoitnow
03 Nov 2009, 05:00

Nuccia, I have not heard back from you. I hope your visitors had a wonderful time! I was reading the thread again and I see you have not found the Ellis Island record for GF Angelo Commito. I am working on dual-citizenship and am having trouble finding the date he came from Italy to USA. It should h...
by pjdoitnow
27 Oct 2009, 00:29
Topic: finding old posts- Fasciani and Commito
Replies: 2
Views: 2468

Re: finding old posts- Fasciani and Commito

why didn't I think of htat? I had looked everywhere else :)

Thank you so much for help. I am still challenged with some other issues, but will post when I have them distilled down to managable size.

Pamela
by pjdoitnow
26 Oct 2009, 23:47
Topic: finding old posts- Fasciani and Commito
Replies: 2
Views: 2468

finding old posts- Fasciani and Commito

I had a thread going and now I can't seem to locate it. Is there a search function that I am not seeing? I did try paging through the history but didn't find it there either. Nuccia was helping me. It was regarding the Fasciani and Commito families. I am meeting with the local Vice consul Wednesday ...
by pjdoitnow
15 Sep 2009, 04:00
Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
Topic: Father's first name listed differently on certain certi
Replies: 14
Views: 11453

Re: Father's first name listed differently on certain c

Ciao Corrado & Donald66,

I would appreciate it if you could put a translation of the letter you posted as there are just a few things i can't seem to understand.

thank you so very much!

Pamela
by pjdoitnow
12 Sep 2009, 02:57
Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
Topic: Federal Court
Replies: 5
Views: 4377

Re: Federal Court

Corrado,

could you clarify or give me more information on the "auto certification" that you mention?

Thank you! Pamela
by pjdoitnow
12 Sep 2009, 02:41

And, please, enjoy your visitors, this can wait. :) Pamela
by pjdoitnow
12 Sep 2009, 02:40

Ciao Nuccia, I spoke directly with the genealogy people in Chicago and sent them the # of the record that I had found, and then they found it and have put it in the mail. The next BIG problem I have I am praying you have some advice. I have my Father's death certificate, Marriage Certificate and my ...
by pjdoitnow
09 Sep 2009, 03:16

Ciao Nuccia! I have had much success in the last two years finding family thanks to you and your help in research. I am still doing the genealogy but am stuck. I have ordered my Grandfather's death certificate from Chicago (Cook County) as I had always been told that he died in the Spanish Influenza...
by pjdoitnow
11 Sep 2006, 04:39
Topic: Looking for Andrew Albano from Salerno 1896 history
Replies: 1
Views: 2454

Looking for Andrew Albano from Salerno 1896 history

I am traveling to Italy this week and wondered if i could find some relatives in Salerno. My Grandfather was Andrew Albano, born 2-24-1896

Grandmother was Anna Rosetti from Foggia

Otherrelative is Maria Russo in Di Benedetto, via Garibaldi 25, 8h088 Saino (Salerno)

any help is appreicated

Alana
by pjdoitnow
31 Jul 2006, 20:16

Nuccia, thank you for the full documentaiton. i have printed outthose forms and will start filling them in. If you want to email the sheet here is my address pjdoitnow@yahoo.com VJ, I now see where Elisa is listed, I kept missing that there was a second page. Thank you! I think I have the manifest f...
by pjdoitnow
31 Jul 2006, 06:20

Hi Nuccia,

I have still not been able to find your reference to a sister for Luisa. is it under a different last name?

i have been enjoying all the information you have sent. thank you form my heart.

Pamela
by pjdoitnow
26 Jul 2006, 03:29

Dear JCSM and Nuccia, Thank you for your leads. i live in AZ so there is a Mormon center in nearby Mesa. I am still wondering how you got such good copies of the manifests? I tried printing them out but they are still small and faded. i tried to find your reference4 to the sister ELiza with no luck....