by JMFL
08 Nov 2009, 23:27
Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
Topic: what doc. do you think we will need,2 different consulates
Replies: 2
Views: 2910

Re: what doc. do you think we will need,2 different consulat

Hi Debbie,

Thank you for your response. I have passed the information along to my sister. We'll see what she is able to find out.

JM
by JMFL
06 Nov 2009, 23:47
Topic: what doc. do you think we will need,2 different consulates
Replies: 2
Views: 2910

what doc. do you think we will need,2 different consulates

Good evening, My mom and I got our Italian Citizenship recognized in 2008. We got our passports in January 2009. (All through the Miami Consulate). My sister's two daughters are both in their 20's and they wish to have their citizenshihp recognized. Their mom will have to wait a few years, when she ...
by JMFL
08 Oct 2009, 19:23
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Trying to help a friend
Replies: 13
Views: 8904

Re: Trying to help a friend

thank you for all your suggestions and work on my friends behalf. I will see him this saturday and share the information with him. I'll let you know if we turn anything up.
by JMFL
30 Sep 2009, 21:23

Here is all the information my friend now has on his family: His grandparents were born in Raugusa Italy. They were married in NJ. They lived in Patterson, NJ. They had 4 children, all born in NJ. Guisepppe arrived from Italy on Aug 13, 1912 on the ship Canada from Palermo. (The one listed in a post...
by JMFL
29 Sep 2009, 22:51

sent an email to my friend to try and get more info but I haven't heard back from him yet. I'll see him on Saturday and hopefully have more info.
by JMFL
27 Sep 2009, 14:33

No guarantee this is even correct without more information: First Name: Giuseppe Last Name: Cosentino Ethnicity: Italy, South Last Place of Residence: Ragusa, Sicily Date of Arrival: Aug 13, 1912 Age at Arrival: 23y Gender: M Marital Status: S Ship of Travel: Canada Port of Departure: Palermo Manif...
by JMFL
27 Sep 2009, 14:30

... does he know where the parents passed away (state) ...? This with states they resided in will assist greatly. The only thing I know is that his parents married in New Jersey. I will try and contact him and see if he knows what states his grandparents and/or mom may have resided in. I'll also fi...
by JMFL
27 Sep 2009, 00:02

Trying to help a friend

Good evening everyone. I am trying to help a friend learn more about his family. His parents are deceased and I don't think he has any remaining family that knows any information. Here is all that he does know: Grandfather= Giuseppe Cosentino born Ragusa, Sicily Grandmother= Conchetta Iocono born Ra...
by JMFL
26 Aug 2009, 22:43
Topic: Dual citizenship for my daughter
Replies: 12
Views: 7672

Re: Dual citizenship for my daughter

Ok, I see how your appts are set up now and that seems like to correct way to do it. I don't think it is necessary to reconfirm the appointments since you have the email confirming them. I haven't read online of anyone going to Miami and Virginia not expecting them, so I don't think that is somethin...
by JMFL
25 Aug 2009, 20:32
Topic: Dual citizenship for my daughter
Replies: 12
Views: 7672

Re: Dual citizenship for my daughter

Hi Jeanete, Myler has given you the correct advice on your question. The only thing I'm a bit confused about is how you set up your original appointment. Did you make it for you and your minor children or did you include your married daughter in with your original appointment request? Some consulate...
by JMFL
17 Jun 2009, 21:55
Topic: Artist Giovanni Sachetti
Views: 10833

Re: Artist Giovanni Sachetti

Just wanted to sign on and give another HUGE thank you to this great group! My friend Carolina had asked me info about her father's family last year. I posted to this forum and the information each of you supplied was just amazing. My friend called me yesterday in tears. She left this morning for It...
by JMFL
17 Jun 2009, 15:00
Topic: Miami Consulate question
Replies: 9
Views: 9719

Re: Miami Consulate question

Hi, I live over in Pinellas County and I received my italian dual citizenship in July of '08 thru Miami. I few questions that I can answer for you: Miami, as with pretty much all the other US consulates, does not keep the naturalization record. If you make a photo copy of the document you have PLUS ...
by JMFL
04 Apr 2009, 17:52
Topic: Suggestions for applying thru marriage
Replies: 0
Views: 2447

Suggestions for applying thru marriage

Good afternoon, I received my Italian Citizenship recognition last year and I just got word from the comune that they have registered my American documents in the town. They will be sending me my birth and marriage documents from the comune, now that they have been recorded in their registry. Once I...
by JMFL
11 Feb 2009, 00:56
Topic: Miami Consulate Help Translate Doc's
Replies: 17
Views: 14639

Re: Miami Consulate Help Translate Doc's

Yeah, I had all the papers from both the line of descent and their spouses too. When I applied in Miami last summer there was no one on the boards that had been to the consulate since Ilaria had left and Virginia took over. I thingk I was the first one to meet with Virginia. It's all good though as ...
by JMFL
10 Feb 2009, 22:51
Topic: Miami Consulate Help Translate Doc's
Replies: 17
Views: 14639

Re: Miami Consulate Help Translate Doc's

Bob, My mom's first name was spelled differetly on each of her documents and it was all ok. Virginia has no problems within reason with First name differences. Also, if Carl is a typical americanized usage of the word Camillo then you are fine because Miami accepts First name americanizations. They ...