Search found 12 matches

by sbollin
12 Oct 2006, 20:37
Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
Topic: Please help with translation from English to Italian
Replies: 2
Views: 3624

Please help with translation from English to Italian

I would like to send the following by email in response to the letter I received from Italy. I ran it through Babblefish but wanted to make sure it made sense before I sent it off. Thank you. Thank you very much for your letter. I was delighted to hear from you. My Italian is not very good but we wi...
by sbollin
12 Oct 2006, 07:14
Topic: Please help with translation from Italian to English
Replies: 2
Views: 5879

Please help with translation from Italian to English

I received a response to a letter that I sent to a potential relative in Palermo Italy. I ran it through Babblefish but most of the translation did not make sense. Can someone please help with the translation. Thank you. ho ricevuto la sua lettera e sono molto contenta, ma nello stesso tempo stupita...
by sbollin
08 Sep 2006, 19:27
Topic: Can someone please help with Italian translation
Replies: 6
Views: 10091

Re: Can someone please help with Italian translation

Emmy,
My Sant'Elia is in the Palermo Region. Thanks for offering though.
Sue
by sbollin
07 Sep 2006, 19:33
Topic: International Reply Coupon
Replies: 18
Views: 18003

International Reply Coupon

I am sending letters to individuals in Palermo Italy that may be related to me. I've read in other posts that it is recommended to include an international reply coupon when requesting civil records but is it recommended to include one when writing to an individual? Thanks.
by sbollin
07 Sep 2006, 19:07
Topic: Can someone please help with Italian translation
Views: 10091

Can someone please help with Italian translation

I used Babelfish to translate the following. Can someone please take a look at it to make sure it translated correctly. Thank you for your help. My grandmother Anna Busalacchi was born in Sant’Elia in 1884. She married Vincenzo Dentici of Palermo in 1903. La mia nonna Anna BUSALACCHI è sta...
by sbollin
10 Aug 2006, 16:08
Topic: Can someone please help to translate to Italian
Views: 9224

Re: Can someone please help to translate to Italian

I needed a second letter. I used Babelfish to translate the parts of the letter that I changed. Can someone please take a look at it to make sure it translated correctly. Thank you for all your help. My grandmother Anna Busalacchi was born in Sant’Elia in 1884. She married Vincenzo Dentici of...
by sbollin
10 Aug 2006, 06:48

Re: Can someone please help to translate to Italian

Is it appropriate to open the letter with Caro Francesco or Cara Rosella or do I need to be more formal and open with Caro Signor Dentici or Cara Signora Dentici? Am I translating correctly?
by sbollin
06 Aug 2006, 23:25
Forum: Italian History & Culture
Topic: How do you find a Coat of Arms?
Replies: 1
Views: 4453

How do you find a Coat of Arms?

How do I go about finding the Coat of Arms for Dentici and Busalacchi? Did every surname have one?
by sbollin
06 Aug 2006, 23:19
Forum: Locations in Italy
Topic: Where is Molo, Palermo?
Replies: 1
Views: 4240

Where is Molo, Palermo?

My grandfather was born in Molo, Palermo. Where is Molo located and what is it, a town or commune or ????

Thanks.
by sbollin
06 Aug 2006, 23:02

Can someone please help to translate to Italian

I plan on sending the following letter to possible relatives in Sicily. Can someone please help me with translating this to Italian. Any help would be appreciated. My name is Susan Bollinger. I am researching my family history. I am looking for any information that may help me in my research. I am i...