Search found 237 matches

by Cathynap
06 Feb 2010, 03:36
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Napolitano in Illinois
Replies: 12
Views: 9203

Re: Napolitano in Illinois

I search descendent of Giuseppe Napolitano (1880.1972), I know that have a brother Franecso, death in 1901 in Chicago, adn other brother Alessandro and Antonio (I think). Alessandro was born in 1875 bt I don't find his date of death or census Thanks for your help! Was your Giuseppe married to Conce...
by Cathynap
06 Apr 2009, 23:48
Forum: Off Topic - We don't only do Italian Genealogy
Topic: Chicago Database
Replies: 6
Views: 7833

Re: Chicago Database

Wow Lee!!! Thanks!! Great resource. I have been looking for the street numbering changes for the longest time. Maybe now I can find my great grandmother's 3 flat on Loomis St.
by Cathynap
06 Apr 2009, 17:58
Topic: Earthquake
Replies: 39
Views: 31680

Re: Earthquake

The International Red Cross and Red Crescent website has a bulletin with a map at the bottom Hopefully information on making donations for the peolpe affected by the earthquake will be on the main website soon Valarie Bulletin with map http://www.cri.it/sisma/ItalyearthquakeIB.pdf Website: http://w...
by Cathynap
29 Mar 2009, 18:43
Topic: Montalto Uffugo, Cosenza Calabria
Replies: 21
Views: 29104

Re: Montalto Uffugo, Cosenza Calabria

Francesco,
I would love you help! So much to do, so little time. GREAT photographs! I have sent you a pm.
by Cathynap
29 Mar 2009, 03:19
Topic: Montalto Uffugo, Cosenza Calabria
Replies: 21
Views: 29104

Re: Montalto Uffugo, Cosenza Calabria

Francesco, Thank you so much for your kind words. I did not know you spoke English! I would love to help you with your tree. I will email you so we can work out the details. Thank you for sharing the wonderful picture of the Fullone mill in Parantoro! It brought a tear to my eye to see a mill so clo...
by Cathynap
26 Mar 2009, 03:35
Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
Topic: Translation of US birth & marriage certificate
Replies: 15
Views: 19515

Re: Translation of US birth & marriage certificate

Anna - Both forum members billiedekid mentioned are accredited by the Italian conlsulate and do this frequently. Their translations would be accepted by the government for citizenship if that is what you were seeking. My understanding is your husband's passport is being help up for such translations...
by Cathynap
19 Mar 2009, 00:12
Topic: Napolitano
Replies: 9
Views: 7964

Re: Napolitano

Thanks Peter! :D
by Cathynap
18 Mar 2009, 22:35

I checked the Brazilian ship records and found only 1 Napolitano and 1 Bonifacio arriving there. It is interesting they arrived on the same ship. Just in case the names are familiar I will post the information below: Surname Napolitano Name Nunzio Age 36 Relationship Só Occupation Place of last res...
by Cathynap
18 Mar 2009, 22:16

Naples is a huge seaport, city and Province. There are a lot of comunes (towns) there and many of the people who left Italy, left from Naples. Napolitano is a very common name there. You can try writing the Stato Civile offices in Naples and request a copia intergrale of the marriage act. (atti di m...
by Cathynap
18 Mar 2009, 19:15

Hi Cristiano! I am a Napolitano! Do you know where Fortunata and Joao came from in Italy? What would you like help finding?
by Cathynap
16 Mar 2009, 19:44
Topic: Catanzaro/Ruffo
Replies: 22
Views: 19191

Re: Catanzaro/Ruffo

Billie - AWESOME!!!!!
by Cathynap
16 Mar 2009, 15:54

This where it gets dicey. I know for certain that their children were born in Palermo. Where exactly they lived, I don't know for certain, but the logical assumption would be Palermo as of the early 1860's. I haven't heard of Tropea before, but that doesn't mean it isn't useful. If I'm not mistaken...
by Cathynap
16 Mar 2009, 05:13

If you are trying to locate a record of their existence in Palermo prior to 1871 but do you mean Palermo as their place of origin or as a temporary place of residence coming into Palermo from another area? Please clarify? Furthe it may be that the entry was in a year other than the year 1871 since ...
by Cathynap
16 Mar 2009, 02:11
Topic: Ancestry from Alia, (Name Michel, Micheli, Miceli)
Replies: 13
Views: 10948

Re: Ancestry from Alia, (Name Michel, Micheli, Miceli)

I'm not saying this is correct but Miceli is pronounced Micheli in Calabrese/Italian if that helps.
by Cathynap
16 Mar 2009, 01:46

Does Tropea (formerly Catanzaro Province) mean anything to you? There was a noble family of Ruffo's there. Many of the noble families of Tropea had roots or summer homes in Sicily. My own family had a summer home in Sicily somewhere that I am still searching for. Our family story says they came from...