Search found 382 matches

by corrado
30 Nov 2021, 17:29
Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
Topic: My daughter needs to register her son in NY consulat.
Replies: 1
Views: 603

My daughter needs to register her son in NY consulat.

I was recgonized I think in 2008 in Chicago and registered all my children too. Latter my wife took the oath and is a citizen too. We have moved to New York, my daughter did an AIRE and has her italian birth cert. I have put together all the docs and apostile required for the application for my grad...
by corrado
18 Feb 2021, 04:33
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Girolamo Corrado birth Nocera Inferiore
Replies: 3
Views: 915

Girolamo Corrado birth Nocera Inferiore

I am trying to find a date and the parents of Girolamo Corrado. I suspect his is a brother to Geatano Corrado born around the same time, around 1820, again in Nocera Inferiore. I don't know the parents of either but I am trying to establish a relationship. I am trying to prove a relationship. Thanks...
by corrado
26 Jul 2019, 05:10
Topic: certificate of non existance of naturalization
Views: 967

certificate of non existance of naturalization

I went though this process many years ago and now a cousins is asking for help. What I did to get that letter may not even be the current process. I got a letter from ICE and sent that to the state dept. who issued a letter with a seal. How do I get this? Thank you for you help.
by corrado
03 Feb 2019, 23:34
Topic: san fransisco will a NA on the census disqualify you?
Views: 1044

san fransisco will a NA on the census disqualify you?

I got my Italian citizenship back in 2006 I think in Chicago and they didn't pay any attention to the NA on the census for my grandfather. I know that in New York that would be a show stopper. Does anyone know about San Francisco? I have a cousin who is starting the process.
by corrado
24 Dec 2018, 19:10
Forum: Off Topic - We don't only do Italian Genealogy
Topic: italian income tax question.
Views: 1935

Re: italian income tax question.

The Italian rules aren’t unreasonable. The U.S. ones work the same way. Regulation 1.861-4 provides that income from services is sourced to where the labor is performed, regardless of for whom it is performed. thank you this is the important point. I don't need a visa as I am an Italian citizen. No...
by corrado
23 Dec 2018, 20:04
Topic: italian income tax question.
Views: 1935

italian income tax question.

sorry this is getting really strange. I will be teaching in Italy at a military base for an American university. There is a tax treaty called the status of forces aggrement or SOFA for short. Any income I make here is taxed as US income and not by Italy. Here is my question. I teach online for an Am...
by corrado
06 Nov 2018, 20:43
Forum: Genetic genealogy
Topic: how to send the ancestry dna kit to europe.
Replies: 2
Views: 2627

how to send the ancestry dna kit to europe.

I have done the ancestry and uploaded to gedmatch. I am half Italian and half Lithuanian. I ordered a kit and want to send it to my cousin in Lithuania. Gee I hope this is possible. Any suggestions on how to send it, will there be import duty to pay? Should I have them mail it back to me or to ances...
by corrado
02 Nov 2018, 03:49
Topic: Rome Hotels
Replies: 2
Views: 1908

Re: Rome Hotels

You may not like this but it is great for me. I use monistarystays.com and stay in monistarys or with the nuns. I don't remember about breakfast but you can check it out. Clean and friendly but no tv in the rooms, there is a tv room.
by corrado
02 Nov 2018, 03:43
Topic: astronomy clubs/ star parties northern italy
Replies: 5
Views: 2903

astronomy clubs/ star parties northern italy

I am not talking about the 5 star movement. I love astronomy and want to meet ammeters in the Veneto region where I expect I will be working this winter. Does anyone have any ideas please?
by corrado
25 Oct 2018, 05:20
Topic: Penal Certificate
Replies: 0
Views: 1096

Penal Certificate

I have applied for a job in Italy for the spring, last year I worked in Napoli. I remember getting the penal certificate in Naples and it was lots of work. The big problem was to go to the right place to get the certificate. My Italian is limited and I seemed to be always talking to menacing police ...
by corrado
07 Aug 2017, 06:03
Topic: non existance letter.
Views: 1673

non existance letter.

I went through all this about 10 years ago. I now forget how to do all this. I got the citizenship though my grandfather but now a second cousin wants help. Her grandfather is the brother of mine and I am sure neither naturalized. I will check her out on Ancestry tomorrow. But how do we get the non ...
by corrado
27 Jun 2017, 18:49
Topic: Certificato de Penale
Replies: 5
Views: 3966

Re: Certificato de Penale

Thank you suanj. I will be Napoli. All that work on the citizenship comes to flower.