Search found 6 matches

by TrentinoJim
31 Jan 2008, 17:28
Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
Topic: Italian Passport?
Replies: 38
Views: 47934

Re: Italian Passport?

IF your grandmother was born BEFORE her parents were naturalized as US citizens, then yes, she would have been entitled to Italian citizenship by blood, through her father. If you would like to check your own eligibility (assuming your grandmother was eligible), try this link: it is an easy way to s...
by TrentinoJim
27 Apr 2007, 00:08

Actually, I don't believe you are correct: Giustino could not have renounced Italian citizenship, because he NEVER had it. HE renounced AUSTRIAN citizenship, and was naturalized in October of 1900 (the naturalization papers -- which I have seen -- clearly say he renounced Austrian citizenship.) Once...
by TrentinoJim
26 Apr 2007, 15:58

I'm glad you have also applied... It is a bit distressing that this is all moving so slowly. I know several people who applied two years ago already, with no answers yet. I had heard that originally the problem was understaffing, but that the extension of the law that was passed last year had provis...
by TrentinoJim
25 Apr 2007, 23:38

Hi! As of now, I don't know of ANYONE who has successfully obtained Italian citizenship under Law 379_2000, including me. I have successfully completed the request which has been certified and submitted by the Consulate here in Philadelphia for consideration in Italy. But these requests are being pr...
by TrentinoJim
13 Dec 2006, 19:23

Ciao Maestranzi... listen, I've just been reading your posts about your effort to obtain Italian Citizenship... a lot of interesting info in the response, some correct, some not... However, none of it applies to you. First, your immigrant ancestor, Giustino Maestranzi, was naturalized as a US citize...
by TrentinoJim
13 Dec 2006, 18:29
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Church records from Trento area
Replies: 31
Views: 49749

Re: Church records from Trento area

Hi... did you find the information you need? If not the following may be helpful... I believe you have the information a bit confused, here... Giustino Maestranzi was NOT born on the date given. That is the date of birth of his son Giovanni Maria Primo Maestranzi, (sopranome Tivio....) whose wife wa...