Search found 15 matches

by smaress
28 Nov 2014, 21:29
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Miresse Family of Monte Falcone
Replies: 26
Views: 14023

Re: Miresse Family of Monte Falcone

Joe, an update since my previous post about my link to the Picucci family. My 3x great grandmothers maiden name was Saviera Piciuccio (Picucci) born in Montefalcone in 1789 and died in Montefalcone on 26 Jan 1821. Married to Nicola Anniballi 28 May 1809.
by smaress
07 Jun 2014, 16:40

Hi Joe. My records do not show a Giuseppi Miresse, but that doesn't mean we aren't related in some way, in fact we are very likely distant cousins. In fact my Aunt Josephine's maiden name was Coduti, born in Montefalcone and grew up in Eau Clarie WI before marrying my Uncle Mike in Chicago. The Picu...
by smaress
04 Jan 2014, 05:16

Just came across some more Miresse's that resided in Chicago, which I know are cousins but I do not know where they connect in my family tree. While looking though some of my Aunts pictures, I also found quite an extensive list of prayer cards for relatives, which she kept. Two of the cards are for ...
by smaress
25 Aug 2012, 01:26

Hi Lauren, The surnames Zeppa, Coduti, Miresse all are from Montefalcone. My paternal grandmother's maiden name was Mariantonia Zeppa, and her father my great grand-father was Francesco Saverio Zeppa. My uncle married Josephine Coduti, who was born in Montefalcone. My surname Maresso was derived fro...
by smaress
24 Feb 2012, 23:05

Thanks. I'll look forward to seeing any information you may find.
by smaress
24 Feb 2012, 14:43

Hi Steve, I would believe we are probably distant cousins. My surname was changed from Miresse to Maresso when my grandfather immigrated to the United States from Montefalcone in the early 1900's. There are many Maresso's now in the US, and I have documented many of them into my family tree. I also ...
by smaress
06 Nov 2010, 14:11

David, My great grandfather was named Michele Miresse, however he never emmigrated to the United States. Michele's son(my grandfather) Anthony, along with a couple of his siblings did come to the United States in the early 1900's and they all settled in Chicago. The name in the United States became ...
by smaress
17 Apr 2010, 01:51
Topic: Miresse & Zeppa Families-Montefalcone-Cemetery/Church In
Replies: 17
Views: 9282

Re: Miresse & Zeppa Families-Montefalcone-Cemetery/Churc

Thank you for providing the church information.
Steve
by smaress
16 Apr 2010, 17:35

Peter,
Interesting. I appreciate the information. I was unaware of the practice.
Thank you.
Steve
by smaress
16 Apr 2010, 14:41

I appreciate the information. I am hoping that I may be able to gather some information through the church.
by smaress
16 Apr 2010, 13:38

Miresse & Zeppa Families-Montefalcone-Cemetery/Church In

I would like to know if there is a local cemetery in or near Montefalcone (BN), and if so whether there may be any records of burials for my Miresse and Zeppa ancestors. Also, I would also be interesting in knowing if anyone local to the area might be able to locate and photograph gravestones for my...
by smaress
04 Apr 2010, 01:20

Thank you for providing the website for Montefalcone. As you have recommended I will try to send an e-mail to the municipal building and see what comes back to me. Montefalcone is a very small village in the mountains and I expect that most people in this old town know all the families. I'll see wha...
by smaress
04 Apr 2010, 00:32

The province is Benevento (BN) Montefalcone Di Val Fortore. As you recommended I can attempt to write to those listed in the phone book.
by smaress
03 Apr 2010, 16:06

Miresse Family of Monte Falcone

I am a descendent of Antonio Miresse born in Monte Falcone in 1875. Antonio and his wife Mariantonia Zeppa came to the United States in 1904. I would like to know where I can make an inquiry to get their birth and marriage certificates. Also from information provided to me years ago from their oldes...