Search found 190 matches

by Gina501
12 Feb 2008, 14:23
Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
Topic: How do you tell a potential relative why you are looking?
Replies: 34
Views: 33004

Re: How do you tell a potential relative why you are looking

Livio lives in Italy and knows the people and culture the best. I would ALWAYS trust his opinion. He has never given me anything but great advice. John, I have written many letters to Italy in the past year. I have been very successful with that. I have found that my Italian cousins are very savvy, ...
by Gina501
26 Jan 2008, 00:32
Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
Topic: What does molto capriccioso mean?
Replies: 11
Views: 13381

Re: What does molto capriccioso mean?

Definitions of bait: tease: harass with persistent criticism or carping; "The children teased the new teacher"; "Don't ride me so hard over my failure"; anything that serves as an enticement lure, entice, or entrap with bait something used to lure victims into danger attack with...
by Gina501
07 Jan 2008, 21:49
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Geneologists For Hire!
Replies: 2
Views: 3037

Re: Geneologists For Hire!

Yes, I use member Riccardo all the time. He's the best as far as I'm concerned. You can email him at ricbru @ gmail. com (no spaces).
by Gina501
21 Dec 2007, 15:05
Forum: Locations in Italy
Topic: Accessing towns in Italy via public transport
Replies: 9
Views: 11354

Re: Accessing towns in Italy via public transport

Hi Poipu. Thanks for that website. I have heard good things about it and have always wanted to try it. You always have such interesting things to say on this board and so I trust your opinion. I will go to tripadvisor.com now! Thanks again.
by Gina501
18 Dec 2007, 13:48
Topic: HELP! G-639 Question.
Replies: 3
Views: 4099

Re: HELP! G-639 Question.

I never got anything. But I recently sent a second request so we'll see.
by Gina501
17 Dec 2007, 15:13
Topic: HELP! G-639 Question.
Replies: 3
Views: 4099

Re: HELP! G-639 Question.

I have sent to both addresses months ago with no luck. I'd be interested in knowing the answer to this question also.
by Gina501
10 Dec 2007, 19:00
Topic: How Names were "Inventato" (Invented)?
Replies: 8
Views: 6504

Re: How Names were "Inventato" (Invented)?

My great grandfather was from Pavia in the Lombardia region. Riccardo has been a huge help with this. You should defintely talk to him. He can point you in the right direction.

Need anything else or just want to chat, please feel free to email anytime. It's GinaG501 @ gmail.com
by Gina501
10 Dec 2007, 18:56

Hey Jen... I know how you feel. But I will never give up. One more suggestion for you. Write to the churches in the immediate area where he was born and where he was in the adoption home. All babies were baptized and the baptism record might have some more information. I am in the process of searchi...
by Gina501
10 Dec 2007, 17:27

Hey Jen, just my two cents worth..... My great grandfather was given his name by the town secretary when the midwife brought him to be registered. It says right on his birth record that the secretary gave him his name off the top of his head. And the name he gave him does not mean anything or is not...
by Gina501
08 Dec 2007, 22:34
Topic: Adopted children in Italy
Replies: 37
Views: 30495

Re: Adopted children in Italy

Meechie, I would like to talk more with you. I sent an email to you. My email is Gina501 @ aol.com if you don't get it for some reason.
by Gina501
06 Dec 2007, 17:49
Topic: Dual Citizenship
Replies: 1
Views: 2678

Dual Citizenship

The only thing that stands between me and my Italian Citizenship is that illusive piece of paper that says my ancestor never naturalized. I have several things, but none that are right. Can anyone who has been through this process tell me exactly what I need? What works, what doesn't, where you got ...
by Gina501
05 Dec 2007, 18:39
Topic: Naturalization
Views: 2871

Re: Naturalization

Sorry all... I had to bump this to the top ahead of all the spam .
by Gina501
05 Dec 2007, 16:48
Topic: Naturalization
Views: 2871

Naturalization

The only thing that stands between me and my Italian Citizenship is that illusive piece of paper that says my ancestor never naturalized. I have several things, but none that are right. Can anyone who has been through this process tell me exactly what I need? What works, what doesn't, where you got ...
by Gina501
05 Dec 2007, 16:42
Topic: QUADRELLI - Italy to Lancashire, England
Replies: 16
Views: 10697

Re: QUADRELLI - Italy to Lancashire, England

Hi Kev. I have Quadrelli's in my family tree. I can tell you that the earliest I have found was born around 1800. My Quadrelli's are from the town of Pecorara, Province of Piacenza, region of Emilia-Romagna. Also, there are a whole bunch of Quadrelli's burried in Calvary Cemetery which is a Cemetery...
by Gina501
27 Nov 2007, 18:55
Topic: Military records
Views: 3982

Military records

I wrote to the province of L'Aquila in Abruzzo for my great grandfather's military records. They gave me a negative response but suggested I write to the comune of Gioia dei Marsi where he came from. What would the difference be? If the province doesn't have the record, why would a small town?