Search found 10 matches

by wiseguy203
26 Apr 2007, 03:17
Forum: Italian History & Culture
Topic: Foster Care and Adoption in late 19th century Italy
Replies: 7
Views: 12132

Re: Foster Care and Adoption in late 19th century Italy

For anyone reading this thread....I searched the microfilm from Utah tonight and I was able to find the birth act of a foundling filed at the end of the list of births reported by married couples. So, there is hope ;-) Thanks to all for your help and suggestions.

Ryan
by wiseguy203
17 Apr 2007, 17:34
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Need help with a surname
Replies: 12
Views: 7579

Re: Need help with a surname

Sorry Louis....I completely missed the point of your question. I focused on the wrong surname. I'll let you know if I come up with anything useful. I assume you do not know Mario's parents names, if they came to the US, etc? You probably know if you manage to get the correct surname first you can go...
by wiseguy203
17 Apr 2007, 03:58
Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
Topic: Before going the National Archives route...
Replies: 1
Views: 4052

Re: Before going the National Archives route...

Oddly enough...I had the exact conversation this past weekend with the National Archives in Philly. However, there is one thing I would like to add to the topic that may or may not ever be helpful to anyone, but it is good to know anyway just in case. I went there because I had the Declaration of In...
by wiseguy203
17 Apr 2007, 02:58
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Need help with a surname
Replies: 12
Views: 7579

Re: Need help with a surname

The name appears in the census as follows: 1910 Ianelli Louis 1920 Yenelli Louis 1930 Ianelli Louis A Luigi Jamelli and children arrived in NYC 5/14/1902. here is a link that might be it: http://content.ancestry.com/iexec/?htx=View&r=an&dbid=7488&iid=NYT715_275-0275&fn=Luigi&ln=J...
by wiseguy203
13 Apr 2007, 16:46

Thank you very much. Again, this is the type of information that will directly impact my research.
by wiseguy203
13 Apr 2007, 11:32

John...I will be searching the civil records. Thank you very much for the great heads up. At this point, I'm just hoping I'll be able to make sense out of 100 year old handwritten italian records :-) My personal suspicion is that he may have been "reclaimed" by a family member so your tip ...
by wiseguy203
13 Apr 2007, 00:33

Hi Debbie, I did read that article and found it helpful. In fact, most everything I read adds a little more info to the mix. I've found this site and forum to be full of information as people ask questions and others respond to those questions. I've even tried to help out a couple of times where I c...
by wiseguy203
12 Apr 2007, 20:15
Topic: MILITARY ROCORDS - REGISTER DI LEVA
Replies: 1
Views: 4143

Re: MILITARY ROCORDS - REGISTER DI LEVA

The Lista di Leva is supposed to be an excellent source for that information. However, tell us what else you have tried so that readers can better help you. ;-)

Ryan
by wiseguy203
10 Apr 2007, 16:30
Topic: HAVE DATE OF ARRIVAL AND SHIP BUT CAN'T FIND MANIFEST
Replies: 4
Views: 6242

Re: HAVE DATE OF ARRIVAL AND SHIP BUT CAN'T FIND MANIFE

Cheryl, I had a similar situation where I had a date, port and ship, but still could not find the name via a search. So instead I opened the manifest and went page by page reading each name (most don't have that many pages). With the opportunity for errors both at the time of the original recording ...
by wiseguy203
24 Mar 2007, 18:35

Foster Care and Adoption in late 19th century Italy

Does anyone know how likely it was that another family member would take in a child born in 1886 to an unwed sister after the child was in foster care for a short time? Any idea whether this illegitimate child would have been given his mother's surname? We are doing research on a male relative we be...