Search found 9 matches

by aaronhunter
08 Jun 2007, 18:09
Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
Topic: Birth certificate woes
Replies: 7
Views: 7335

Re: Birth certificate woes

Well I spoke with the LA consulate and I will need to have my great grandfathers name on her birth certificate. The fact that my great grandparents were not married is NOT a problem though. I'm going to contact the UK general register office on Monday to see how I can have my grandmother modify her ...
by aaronhunter
07 Jun 2007, 02:09

Great news. I'll keep you guys posted. Now if I could just get the Los Angeles consulate to return my calls o_O
by aaronhunter
06 Jun 2007, 18:59

Sorry if I confused everybody. My grandmother was born in England. Her mother (my great grandmother) was Italian and I understand that she couldn't have passed on the citizenship. My grandmother's biological father was Italian but he was not listed on the birth certificate. He was listed on the bapt...
by aaronhunter
06 Jun 2007, 06:19

Birth certificate woes

Well the good news is that my grandmother was totally wrong. I pulled up the documents and her naturalization happened on 1954! I'm in! But now I have another hurdle to face... Her birth certificate from the UK has no father listed. I guess her mother and her father had a huge fight before she was b...
by aaronhunter
06 Jun 2007, 05:39
Topic: Italian citizenship jure sangunis questions
Replies: 9
Views: 9794

Re: Italian citizenship jure sangunis questions

Well the good news is that my grandmother was totally wrong. I pulled up the documents and her naturalization happened on 1954! I'm in! But now I have another hurdle to face... Her birth certificate from the UK has no father listed. I guess her mother and her father had a huge fight before she was b...
by aaronhunter
04 Jun 2007, 06:52

No, my great grandfather is the ancestor .. not the grandmother... but let me call the consulate... naturalization only causes automatic citizenship for Italians who were born inside of Italy.
by aaronhunter
04 Jun 2007, 01:58

I'm definitely going to have to call the consulate because in this case the "ancestor" never did naturalize outside of Italy. My grandmother was never born in Italy and therefore could only renounce her citizenship before an italian authority, not through naturalization as a US Citizen fro...
by aaronhunter
02 Jun 2007, 06:28

I'm just not sure because I read things like this from the Italian Consulate in Los Angeles: 5) Your paternal or maternal grandfather was born in the United States, your paternal great grandfather was an Italian citizen at the time of his birth, neither you nor your father nor your grandfather ever ...
by aaronhunter
01 Jun 2007, 21:13

Italian citizenship jure sangunis questions

Hello. My great grandfather was born, lived, and died in Italy. My Great grandmother moved to England with a new husband and gave birth to my grandmother there. My grandmother was born as a british citizen and later moved to the United States as a war bride. She was then naturalized as a US citizen ...