Thank you Livio for your reply.
by kecurroj
12 Mar 2011, 06:32
Forum: Italian History & Culture
Topic: How Italians Trace Family History
Replies: 2
Views: 2818

How Italians Trace Family History

In the Italian culture, how do they trace their family tree? In the U.S., it's usually done through the male line and their last name. Is it the same in Italy? If not, how do they trace their family tree?

Thanks in advance.
by kecurroj
18 Oct 2010, 05:18
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Alberto Faranda
Replies: 7
Views: 5542

Re: Alberto Faranda

Suanj, Alberto's father's name was Vincenzo and he was born in 1868, so he could not be Leone's father as he would have only been 6 years old when Leone was born. It is possible that Leone and Vincenzo were brothers or cousins. The fact that both Alberto's came from Sinagra, and since Sinagra is a s...
by kecurroj
13 Sep 2010, 05:00
Replies: 7
Views: 5542

Biff, Per the post I started regarding Alberto Faranda (http://italiangenealogy.tardio.com/Forums/viewtopic/t=7199/), this Leone Faranda was going to Cleveland to stay with his brother Alberto. They both list their hometown as Sinagra, Sicily, but Leone came to America in 1912 and Alberto came in 19...
by kecurroj
17 Sep 2007, 16:03
Forum: Locations in Italy
Topic: Sfaranda, Sicily
Views: 4010

Re: Sfaranda, Sicily

My name is Luisa and I grow up in Sfaranda approx 15miles from Sinagra town. I left Sfaranda when I got married and moved to Chesapeake, VA. Growing up in Sfranda, I heard a lot about the wealthy Faranda family, I don't recall all the details but I can find out from my family still living in Sfaran...
by kecurroj
16 Jul 2007, 22:19
Replies: 18
Views: 13303

Biff,
That would be Alberto Faranda's son Ray that posted that thread. He is looking for information on his mother's side of the family.

Thank you!
by kecurroj
11 Jul 2007, 20:03

Hello
this is the address of vital statistics in Sinagra, where to request birth record or certificate, stating also informations about his parents

Comune
Ufficio di Stato Civile
Piazza San Teodoro,1
CAP 98069
Sinagra (ME)
ITALY
Can you also get census records from this office?
by kecurroj
10 Jul 2007, 20:08
Forum: Locations in Italy
Topic: Sfaranda, Sicily
Views: 4010

Sfaranda, Sicily

Since finding my wife's ancestor's home town of Sinagra Sicily, we noticed that there is a town just SW of it called Sfaranda. Since her ancestor's name is Faranda, we were wondering what connection there is if any. Would anyone know the history of this town?
by kecurroj
10 Jul 2007, 17:17

Thank you Riccardo! :D

Could we send the request in English since none of us speaks or writes Italian?
by kecurroj
10 Jul 2007, 06:22

After talking to Ray Faranda, it's the 1913 manifest that his father came in on through Boston. He knew that his father was 16 when he arrived, so 1913 would be that year.
by kecurroj
09 Jul 2007, 23:27

I believe Carmelo is related, but Raymond would have to tell you just how. As for Rose, they were married in the U.S., but I'm sure Ray could give me that information. I'll see if he'll register, that way you can communicate directly with him.

Thank you!
by kecurroj
09 Jul 2007, 22:57

Biff,
You are the best! The Raymond listed on the 1930 census is my father-in-law. I have given him the link to this thread, so he'll be able to read this himself.

Thank you!
by kecurroj
09 Jul 2007, 20:07

Alberto Faranda

I'm doing some research for my wife's side of the family. Her grandfather was Alberto Faranda who immigrated to the Cleveland, Ohio area in the early 1920s. He was born in Sicily in either 1897-98 and died in 1968 in Ohio. He did have a brother, Carmello, that immigrated to Ohio also. I checked the ...