Search found 4 matches

by BonnieM
09 Feb 2010, 16:27
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Tarsitano- looking for the name of the village
Replies: 9
Views: 6144

Re: Tarsitano- looking for the name of the village

Yes Suanj, this is them. Funny, we JUST found this during research at the National Archives on Saturday. Other than her death certificate this is the only document I have for her and her family. I have looked, and looked in the Ellis Island site but cannot find them on any manifest. That is where I ...
by BonnieM
08 Feb 2010, 22:46

Thank you Suanj,

They were on their way to America and my bisnonna was pregnant. She was traveling with her father. They were robbed and had to wait in Napoli, the port of departure, and my nonna was born there. I don't know the village that they were from.
by BonnieM
08 Feb 2010, 21:05

Thank you Romano. We hope to visit Sicilia one day. My nonna's family originally came through Bari from Albania. They spoke Albanese which is recognized by the Italian government as an official Italian dialect. I know there must be a birth record in Napoli I just don't know which channels to go thro...
by BonnieM
08 Feb 2010, 20:36

Tarsitano- looking for the name of the village

that my nonna came from. She was born in Napoli in 1888 (according to the 1900 census) but that was just the point of departure. They were from a village called San Pietro di ... There are many San Pietro di something. Her parents were Teresa Brescia and Giuseppe Tarsitano. Any one ever have any luc...