Search found 15 matches

by EricRJones
03 May 2009, 21:31
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Il Progresso italo-americano
Replies: 4
Views: 8295

Il Progresso italo-americano

The Il Progresso italo-americano was an Italian-language daily newspaper originating out of New York (up until 1988, although I'm primarily interested in it from first half of the twentieth century). Has anyone ever used it for research? Did it carry obituaries?

Thanks,
Eric
by EricRJones
16 Apr 2009, 17:52
Topic: What happened to my Civil Registration records?
Views: 3380

Re: What happened to my Civil Registration records?

When the films are on permament loan, they are taken out of circulation for all the other Family History Centers? I expected that the main library would provide a copy of the film to the library for permament loan and keep a master so that copies could be loaned to other Family History Centers. Make...
by EricRJones
16 Apr 2009, 17:38
Topic: What happened to my Civil Registration records?
Views: 3380

What happened to my Civil Registration records?

For several years, I've been using the Civil Registration records for Faenza Italy through my Family History Center. Now, suddenly, they no longer appear in the Family History Library catalog! Wehn I contacted the library, the person I corresponded with claimed that Civil Registration records weren'...
by EricRJones
03 Nov 2007, 20:37
Topic: Commisario Straordinario
Replies: 3
Views: 4737

Re: Commisario Straordinario

I'm just learning how this image uploading thing works. Here's the death certificate of Ercole Biancani.

by EricRJones
03 Nov 2007, 20:28
Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
Topic: Help with Letter to Istituto per la storia del Risorgimento
Replies: 2
Views: 4409

Re: Help with Letter to Istituto per la storia del Risorgime

Thanks. I received this response: Nel ns. Archivio sono presenti due documenti di E. Biancani e niente di Vincenzo Biancani; comunque non è sicuro che E. stia per Ercole. A questo scopo allego al messaggio le copie digitali dei documenti, così che potra verificare se siano utili. Distinti saluti I...
by EricRJones
01 Nov 2007, 15:59
Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
Topic: Help with Letter to Istituto per la storia del Risorgimento
Views: 4409

Help with Letter to Istituto per la storia del Risorgimento

Suggestions are welcome, but I think I only need help with the bracketed parts. Thanks so much: Mi chiamo Eric Jones ed abito negli Stati Uniti. Sono alla ricerca della mis storia familiare. Cerco informazioni riguardo ai mio antenato Ercole Biancani e suo padre Vincenzo Biancani. [Through Google Bo...
by EricRJones
01 Nov 2007, 14:30
Topic: Accoltellatori
Replies: 9
Views: 10267

Re: Accoltellatori

Thanks everyone! I did have the New York Times article (I have a couple of others as well), and I've been trying to get my hands on Angelini's Gli "accoltellatori" a Ravenna (1865-1875). That's interesting that it says the trial ended 10 March 1875. I have a couple of other books that are ...
by EricRJones
31 Oct 2007, 17:52

Re: Accoltellatori

I don't know what anyone's level of interest in this is, but I was able to borrow the Milandri and Agnoli books from Harvard. Harvard also has a copy of the transcript of the 1874 trial of the Accoltellatori (which I was only able to skim). My GGGGrandfather Ercole Biancani was not part of the 1874 ...
by EricRJones
29 Oct 2007, 13:46
Topic: Translation Assistance
Views: 3975

Re: Translation Assistance

Thanks so much.

I would be happy to move this thread to the more appropriate forum, but I'm not sure how to do it. I'm afraid it was late when I posted, and I wasn't thinking clearly.
by EricRJones
29 Oct 2007, 04:35
Topic: Translation Assistance
Views: 3975

Translation Assistance

There are a couple of organizations dedicated to the Risorgimento to which I want to write to see if they have any information about my GGGGrandfather Ercole Biancani. If someone could assist me in translating the parts in English into Italian, I would be very grateful (corrections to the parts I at...
by EricRJones
17 Oct 2007, 20:03

Accoltellatori

If anyone has a copy of one of the following books and look up to see if the name surname Biancani (poss. Bianconi) appears in the index, I would be most appreciative: Romagna 1849-1874 : leggende, fatti e misfatti by Attilio Milandri Gli "accoltellatori" a Ravenna (1865-1875) : un process...
by EricRJones
15 Oct 2007, 15:20
Topic: Commisario Straordinario
Replies: 3
Views: 4737

Commisario Straordinario

I posted the following the History folder: I have a news article from The (London) Times, 4 Oct 1849, which says "On the 23d, one Biancani, lately in the service of Garibaldi, was shot at Bologna." I'm a descendant of Luigi Biancani, born in Ravenna, 8 Dec 1869. Luigi's father was Vincenzo...
by EricRJones
05 Sep 2007, 19:28
Topic: Allegati (Nati)
Views: 3639

Allegati (Nati)

I'm working with the LDs microfilm for Ravenna & Faenza. I understand (or thought I understood) that Allegati are the supplemental documents that were provided in conjunction to a marriage. However, the LDS microfilm for my areas have things like Allegati (matrimoni), Allegati (nati), Allegati (...
by EricRJones
29 Aug 2007, 20:55
Topic: Ravenna Court Records
Replies: 0
Views: 2580

Ravenna Court Records

I have an article from the 8 January 1875 Milwaukee Daily Sentinel that quotes an item from British Pall Mall Gazette (text below). It basically indicates that a Biancani from Ravenna was sentenced to hard labor for certain nafarious activities. I'm descended from Ravenna Biancanis, so I'd like to f...
by EricRJones
29 Aug 2007, 19:58
Forum: Italian History & Culture
Topic: Biancani, lately in the service of Garibaldi
Views: 5520

Biancani, lately in the service of Garibaldi

I have a news article from The (London) Times, 4 Oct 1849, which says "On the 23d, one Biancani, lately in the service of Garibaldi, was shot at Bologna." I'm a descendant of Luigi Biancani, born in Ravenna, 8 Dec 1869. Luigi's father was Vincenzo Biancani and Vincenzo Biancani's father wa...