Search found 9 matches

by zitiello
18 Oct 2007, 00:59
Forum: Locations in Italy
Topic: Help with 2 areas: S. Marco, Caserta and S Paolo Cle
Replies: 17
Views: 14195

Re: Help with 2 areas: S. Marco, Caserta and S Paolo Cle

You probably already have seen this but I thought I would post it anyway..seems to belong here now that you posted the story of Gabriele. Ohio Soldiers in WWI, 1917-1918 about Gabriel Zitiello Name: Gabriel Zitiello Age: 25 11/12 Years Race: White Birth Location: Italy Enlistment Date: 4 Nov 1917 E...
by zitiello
16 Oct 2007, 22:43

I'm so excited! Today my sister gave me an envelope full of heritage items and in it was the Baptismal record for my grandmother. Seems that her name was spelled Carrabba in Italy instead of Carabba. It also confirms that she was from San Paolo Di Civitate. I also have a certificate for my grandfath...
by zitiello
16 Oct 2007, 07:01

Ciao Zitiello, it's only a note but have you seen that also the surname Trentalancia (mother of Antoneta) is very very rare in Italy?? Think this can be another confirmation about the town of your ancestors... Ciao! Laura :D I did notice this when I went to that site earlier. I'm hoping that having...
by zitiello
16 Oct 2007, 05:47

Elizabeth - thanks I was missing the second page for my grandmother's manifest. I'm also horrible at trying to read handwritings - lol. I actually have the manifest for my grandfather that was given to my mother as a gift. We know that my grandfather came to America at least twice if not three times...
by zitiello
16 Oct 2007, 04:37

Just curious which site you used to look at the ship's manifest for my grandmother. It seems that you were able to gather more information than what I was able to decipher on the Ellis Island website.
by zitiello
16 Oct 2007, 03:13

Wow! What great help you have been! Thank you. I have discovered that the Carabba name is not very common and very hard to find information on. It seems to be the case as well with the Zitiello family name. Although I haven't been researching that long, my sister has spent more time on our family he...
by zitiello
15 Oct 2007, 14:18

I'm sure you are correct. I just came across the mention of the other names on the italyworldclub.com site. One is under a town and one is under a village in relation to the San Marco in Caserta. I also noticed San Paolo being listed as a town and a village in the Puglia area. I was just trying to u...
by zitiello
15 Oct 2007, 06:40

Thank you! :P Can you explain the difference between San Marco and San Marco Evangelista? Are they different places or one in the same? I see both listed under the Campania/Conserta area. Is there a San Paolo related to the Bari area? My sister remembers something about Bari being related to the fam...
by zitiello
15 Oct 2007, 04:56

Help with 2 areas: S. Marco, Caserta and S Paolo Cle

Hello, I'm hoping someone can help guide me about two Italian areas. I have the passenger records from Ellis Island for both of my grandparents who came from Italy. The record for my grandmother (Antoneta Carabba) says her residence was in S. Paolo Cle., Italy. I noticed there are several San Paolo'...