Search found 16 matches

by kmaldo
15 Feb 2011, 09:42
Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
Topic: which consulate to go to????
Replies: 15
Views: 4093

Re: which consulate to go to????

I have been required to present my California Driver License every time I have had an official dealing with the LA Consulate. This seemed to be an even more important piece of identification than my US passport. In fact, the citizenship officer explicitly stated that she could work only with those w...
by kmaldo
28 Dec 2010, 02:40
Topic: What Consulate do I go to...
Replies: 6
Views: 2175

Re: What Consulate do I go to...

Abtran is the 3rd party appointment service that the consulate uses to schedule appointments. From the LA consulate's web site : The Citizenship Department receives only by appointment. This service is handled by Abtran (www.abtran.com) Appointments can be made by calling: Premium rate: 1900-446-224...
by kmaldo
28 Dec 2010, 00:51

My suspicion is that the address you found in San Diego is for an honorary consul or something of the sort - they cannot process citizenship applications. You have to do that at the LA consulate. The address and phone number you posted are correct, but if you want to schedule an appointment with one...
by kmaldo
27 Dec 2010, 21:38

You need to apply through the LA consulate.
by kmaldo
20 Sep 2010, 18:18
Topic: filing deadline for citizen applications?
Replies: 3
Views: 2446

Re: filing deadline for citizen applications?

In fact there does exist a December 20 deadline, but it is only for a subset of people who qualify for citizenship. Per the LA Consulate's web site: " THE DEADLINE FOR THE APPLICATION FOR ITALIAN CITIZENSHIP ACCORDING TO THE LAW N.379/2000 (WHOSE ANCESTORS IMMIGRATED FROM THE AUSTRIAN-HUNGARIAN...
by kmaldo
03 Feb 2009, 10:22
Forum: Locations in Italy
Topic: looking for a town
Replies: 7
Views: 5991

Re: looking for a town

I responded to your other post as well. The comune you are looking for is Taurasi, near Avellino and Benevento.
by kmaldo
03 Feb 2009, 09:57
Topic: need more info on my grandfather
Replies: 2
Views: 3216

Re: need more info on my grandfather

PS I also have a copy of the birth cert for your GM/my GGM, Emanuela Di Nosse, from Taurasi (near Avellino), DOB 24 December 1894. I can email an image of this as well.
by kmaldo
03 Feb 2009, 09:42
Topic: need more info on my grandfather
Views: 3216

Re: need more info on my grandfather

You must have been reading my post - my GGF was Biagio Tomassi from Monte San Giovanni Campano!! I now have a copy of the birth cert, courtesy of Italysearcher, who actually picked it up at the comune for me!! DOB was indeed 29 April 1892. I can email you a scanned image of it, just send me a messag...
by kmaldo
18 Dec 2008, 11:35
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: De Musis
Views: 3567

De Musis

I recently found out that my GGM's maiden name was De Musis, she lived in Taurasi, near Avellino. This doesn't look or sound very Italian to me ... I was wondering if anyone could shed some light on the origins or linguistics of the name? Thanks!!
by kmaldo
02 Dec 2008, 04:22
Topic: Birth cert from state/provincial archive rather than comune?
Views: 3658

Birth cert from state/provincial archive rather than comune?

I am having some trouble obtaining my GGFs birth certificate/l'estratto dell'atto di nascita from the comune and am wondering if anyone happens to know whether I can request an official certificate from the state/province instead? This is for dual citizenship purposes. The problem is that the comune...
by kmaldo
12 Jan 2008, 04:21
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Ciliberti (or Ciliberto)
Views: 5093

Ciliberti (or Ciliberto)

Hello! I'm wondering if anyone can help - my great grandmother was Amalia Ciliberti (perhaps Ciliberto), born in the 1890s (around 1893 or 1894) but I am unable to find any information on where she came from. My mother's aunt said she was from Avellino, but I have checked Paginebianche.com and there...
by kmaldo
21 Dec 2007, 00:09
Topic: Accessing towns in Italy via public transport
Replies: 9
Views: 11355

Accessing towns in Italy via public transport

Thanks to several members of this site, I have learned where my GGFs were from - Monte San Giovanni Campana (near Frosinone) and Torella dei Lombardi (near Avellino). I am thinking of visiting them soon but am not sure if I'd need to rent a car, which of course in Italy is very expensive. I don't at...
by kmaldo
05 Dec 2007, 05:22
Topic: City/Town in Italy??
Replies: 12
Views: 11855

Re: City/Town in Italy??

John, thank you very much for delving into this even further - I really appreciate it. I will contact the comune in Monte San Giovanni Campano to see if they can obtain my GGF's birth records.

-Mike
by kmaldo
05 Dec 2007, 02:19

You truly are a "Master," vj! The documents you posted are the very ones NARA sent to me. I'm 100% positive these are my great-grandfather's. The children's names are those of my grandmother and her siblings, and they lived in Revere, MA. I don't know why there are so many discrepancies wi...
by kmaldo
04 Dec 2007, 19:54

My great grandfather's name was Biagio Tomassi (though I always thought he went by Tomasi). DOB per the immigration papers 4/29/1892, in Rome. I identified more discrepancies on ancestry.com, they show his DOB as 1/25/1892 with last name Tomasi, per the Social Security death index. Unfortunately I t...