Search found 60 matches

by saccolicious
01 Nov 2023, 00:04
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Ancestor with 2 wives?
Replies: 2
Views: 334

Re: Ancestor with 2 wives?

How do you know the two Tommaso's are the same person? It sounds like you don't have the death record of either Tommaso, so you may not be able to confirm that. The most likely explanation is they aren't the same. If they are in fact the same, do you know for sure that Giacoma de Sanctis did not die...
by saccolicious
09 Jul 2023, 23:58
Topic: Finding living descendants
Replies: 4
Views: 322

Re: Finding living descendants

I do quite a bit of this research as well on the US side. It depends where they settled. The vast majority of my family came into the Boston port and settled outside of Boston, and the Registry of Vital Records in Boston is open to the public (and now, is free to visit) to go and look up birth, marr...
by saccolicious
08 Sep 2022, 14:51
Forum: Locations in Italy
Topic: What town does this say?
Replies: 11
Views: 1493

Re: What town does this say?

Thank you so much mmogno!
by saccolicious
08 Sep 2022, 06:45

Incredible, thank you so much! The children I have for Gioacchino and Maria are listed there, plus several of the other families on that page are from Nocciano. How did you find these records? I'm not familiar with Brazil immigration records. I guess my next step is to look through the Brazilian bap...
by saccolicious
07 Sep 2022, 15:29

The only info I can find is that Gioacchino and his daughter Lucia immigrated to Boston, Mass. in 1912, and Lucia got married and settled with her husband in Malden, Mass. As a Massachusetts native, I can't think of any towns near Boston that resemble "Bariry". There's another death record...
by saccolicious
07 Sep 2022, 04:21

What town does this say?

Below are two death records in the comune of Nocciano (PE), #12 (Mario di Cesare) and #18 (Giovanni di Cesare), and I can't for the life of me figure out what town the records say they were born in. It looks like it says "nato in Baring". It could also say "Barires" or "Bari...
by saccolicious
09 Jun 2022, 03:09
Topic: legitimate and natural son at the same time?
Replies: 3
Views: 428

Re: legitimate and natural son at the same time?

I wouldn't read too much into this. Every baptism record I have read where the parents were married before the child was born said the child was "legitimate and natural." This includes when the parents were married in 1809 (where a civil record exists) and the child was born in 1810. I fee...
by saccolicious
07 Mar 2022, 22:31
Topic: Matrimoni, memorandum notificazioni ed opposizioni
Replies: 5
Views: 956

Re: Matrimoni, memorandum notificazioni ed opposizioni

Memorandum is one record (shorter), then about 2 weeks later they would file the notificazione (longer, more detailed). If there was opposition, it is usually written on the same page as the notificazione. At least in the records I've gone through, opposition is not common.
by saccolicious
28 Feb 2022, 00:01
Topic: Matrimoni, memorandum notificazioni ed opposizioni
Replies: 5
Views: 956

Re: Matrimoni, memorandum notificazioni ed opposizioni

They are marriage "banns" that had to be announced 3 times by law before the ceremony could occur. For genealogical purposes, they can be useful for 3 reasons: (1) They can show marriages that were supposed to occur, but did not (2) They can show marriages that occur in a town other than t...
by saccolicious
03 Aug 2021, 05:19
Topic: RE: ITALIAN PROVINCES DIGITIZED ON CDROM
Replies: 1
Views: 1193

Re: RE: ITALIAN PROVINCES DIGITIZED ON CDROM

I feel like we should be extraordinarily grateful that we have FamilySearch and Antenati at all and the fact that Italian civil records exist and with the level of detail they have in the first place. FamilySearch and the Italian Archives did not have to make these records available online for free ...
by saccolicious
05 Apr 2021, 20:21
Topic: Accuracy of Antenati (Italian Civil) records
Replies: 10
Views: 1376

Re: Accuracy of Antenati (Italian Civil) records

Of all the pieces of information on a civil death record, yes birth place is probably the least accurate. In my work transcribing records for several towns in Abruzzo, I've found that records from 1865 and later tend to be almost always accurate on birth place, but when you go back to the 1810s, 20s...
by saccolicious
04 Dec 2020, 03:01
Topic: Donato Palumbo son of Nicola
Views: 834

Re: Donato Palumbo son of Nicola

The only thing I can find in the matrimoni book (1692-1774) is this marriage: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Mi713XddBzm0fPJBkR8nzOWl_TnCwCoo/view?usp=sharing Chiesa di Santa Maria delle Grazie, Matrimoni 1692-1774 eodem die [2 Giugno 1710] [Beginning of first name cut off, but looks like "-l...
by saccolicious
30 Jul 2020, 02:12
Topic: RE: ITALIAN PARISH RECORDS ONLINE
Views: 943

Re: RE: ITALIAN PARISH RECORDS ONLINE

A nonprofit org is attempting to work with the Catholic parishes to digitize and make available online all parish records in Italy. https://www.italianparishrecords.org/
by saccolicious
07 May 2020, 21:04
Topic: Death record - Berardino Della Piana - Torre de' Passeri
Views: 879

Re: Death record - Berardino Della Piana - Torre de' Passeri

I'm wondering if he died in Torre de Passeri because his son Pietro della Piana got married to Maria Rosaria Luciani of Pescosansonesco, which is very close to Torre. It looks like Pietro and Maria Rosaria had a daughter Lucia della Piana in Torre de Passeri in 1884. I also see his daughter Filomena...
by saccolicious
20 Mar 2020, 21:04
Topic: Latin translation assist.... thanks
Views: 1032

Re: Latin translation assist.... thanks

Church of SS. Gio: Battista e Gio: Evangelista of the Comune of Luco

27 Dec 1801, Franciscus Justinus d'Angelo of this Parish SS. Giovanni Battista and Evangelista, age 70

Unfortunately those aren't the names of his parents. They are the two saints the parish is named for.