Search found 63 matches

by adamf
27 Jun 2018, 20:11
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Looking for information on ggggmother Rose Crosetti
Replies: 10
Views: 6244

Re: Looking for information on ggggmother Rose Crosetti

Silviamaria, we are cousins!! I have since found much more information. Rose remarried and moved out to the western United states, and left my great great grandmother Minnie with her father in about 1890. There were apparently bad feelings, and they did not see each other again for 46 years. There i...
by adamf
03 Sep 2012, 22:47
Forum: Locations in Italy
Topic: Alpena, or maybe Alfrena. Please help me decipher this.
Replies: 8
Views: 3176

Re: Alpena, or maybe Alfrena. Please help me decipher this.

You are all amazing!!!!!! I've been on familysearch hundreds of times and did not see this record somehow. Looks like I've got a pretty round target where to find Rose's village of birth. To Canischio!!!!!

Thank you all.
by adamf
01 Sep 2012, 10:16

Re: Alpena, or maybe Alfrena. Please help me decipher this.

Thank you for your suggestions. If you think of any more, please list them and i will investigate.
by adamf
01 Sep 2012, 03:53

Alpena, or maybe Alfrena. Please help me decipher this.

Just came upon my GGG grandmother's first marriage certificate. Her name is Rosina Crosetta. I can't seem to make out her place of birth on line 12.

Any suggestions?? Thanks

http://i.imgur.com/XESKn.jpg
by adamf
12 Feb 2010, 07:00
Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
Topic: Question about scheduling consulate appt..
Replies: 9
Views: 5967

Re: Question about scheduling consulate appt..

For whats its worth, I applied in Chicago for an appointment on January 20th of this year. I first sent an email requesting an appointment. When that did not seem to get a response, I filled out the appointment request form online and faxed it in to the consulate. Within a week, I received a respons...
by adamf
02 Feb 2010, 09:01
Topic: Records stamped "For Genealogical Purposes Only"
Replies: 3
Views: 3802

Re: Records stamped "For Genealogical Purposes Only&quo

A few birth, marriage, and death records. I don't have my appointment with the consulate til this October, though. So I've got time to fix this if I need to. Thanks for the input.
by adamf
01 Feb 2010, 07:32
Topic: Records stamped "For Genealogical Purposes Only"
Replies: 3
Views: 3802

Records stamped "For Genealogical Purposes Only"

I just got a packet of documents I requested from Bureau County in Illinois. They are all certified, but are all stamped in red "For Genealogical Purposes Only." Strangely enough, this same county clerk's office sent me other documents back in August without that stamp. I don't know enough...
by adamf
26 Oct 2009, 18:46
Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
Topic: Email translation help
Views: 6726

Re: Email translation help

You both have been greatly helpful. Thanks so much.

Adam
by adamf
26 Oct 2009, 17:19

So does the email say to make out the money order to the Archivo di Stato di Modena (ASMo)?? I could email them back and ask for a specific contact name. I'm not familiar enough with money orders to know if you can send them to a business office or not. Let me know what you all think. Also, is this ...
by adamf
26 Oct 2009, 13:36

Thanks Tessa.

As far as the postal money order, how is one obtained?? I live in Chicago. Is this something I could do at a currency exchange type place??

If anyone has experience with this, I'd be interested in hearing about it.

Thanks again,

Adam
by adamf
26 Oct 2009, 13:20

Email translation help

I just received an email response from the italian archives. I sent them an inquiry a few months ago about getting a copy of the "foglio matricolare" for one of my ancestors from Modena. I would appreciate it if you all would take a look. I'm not sure I understand exactly how they are requ...
by adamf
18 Oct 2009, 00:49
Forum: Off Topic - We don't only do Italian Genealogy
Topic: Cherry Coal Mine Disaster display in Springfield, IL
Replies: 0
Views: 3039

Cherry Coal Mine Disaster display in Springfield, IL

The Cherry Coal Mine disaster was one of the most tragic coal mine accidents in U.S. history. Many immigrant miners lost their lives, including Italians. In honor of the 100th anniversary of the event, the Abraham Lincoln museum will have an exhibit. Anybody in or around central Illinois may find th...
by adamf
16 Jul 2009, 18:21

Ok, so using that record as a possible jumping off point, Rose died in around 1936 in California. Not a whole lot to go on. But if anyone can make anything from California records, I'd appreciate it. The budget is getting tight and I recently had to cancel my ancestry account, otherwise I'd peruse m...
by adamf
16 Jul 2009, 15:19

A great start!!!

I think this one is definitely a possibility too. Many Italian coal miners and their families stopped in Braidwood before moving on to Spring Valley, so this is definitely an interesting record.
by adamf
16 Jul 2009, 01:09

Looking for information on ggggmother Rose Crosetti

Well, this message is more a hope that someone will come upon this message through an internet search. I don't really expect to find any documents, as I just don't have enough info (but I have seen you guys do wonders before). Of course, any suggestions by the board would be appreciated. My ggggpare...