Here is the letter:
by tlucente
16 Dec 2011, 08:33
Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
Topic: Italian birth certificate/passport
Replies: 4
Views: 1337

Italian birth certificate/passport

I requested a copy of my birth certificate from Cutro, Crotone, and they sent me a letter that (I think) simply verifies that a birth certificate is on file. Does anyone know if this will be good enough to get a passport? I would upload the letter, but apparently the board attachment quota has been ...
by tlucente
13 Dec 2008, 07:25
Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
Topic: Please help translate letter from Italy
Replies: 5
Views: 5874

Re: Please help translate letter from Italy

Thank you, Sirena. I wasn't sure if maybe the names were in a different order on Italian documents, such as last, middle, first.
by tlucente
09 Dec 2008, 04:59

Re: Please help translate letter from Italy

Sweet! I saw the nessuna and just assumed it meant no match. Thank you very much. Any idea of which name is her first name? I always thought it was Immacolata, but this makes it look like Annunziata is her first name and Immacolata is the middle name. Do you think this will be good enough for the ci...
by tlucente
09 Dec 2008, 04:32

Please help translate letter from Italy

Received this letter today in response to a birth certificate request. I believe it is telling me no match was found. If someone could translate it for me, it would be most appreciated.

Thanks
Tom
by tlucente
11 Jul 2008, 21:29
Topic: Help translating e-mail
Views: 7629

Re: Help translating e-mail

If the following is the correct Immacolata Zaza travelling with husband Antonio Lucente to Dayton OH, the ship manifest shows her birhtplace as S. Nicola. Husband Antonio, born Cutro. Page 1 Page 2 Question is which San Nicola. Use the following link to a website which has alphabetical lists of tow...
by tlucente
11 Jul 2008, 18:19

Re: Help translating e-mail

In evasione alla Vs. richiesta, si comunica che consultato il registro degli atti di nascita di questo Comune dell'anno 1901, non risulta nata nessuna persona con le generalit? di ZAZA Immacolata Annunziata il 25 marzo 1901. L'UFFICIALE DELLO STATO CIVILE Rosa ALESSIO In reference to your request, ...
by tlucente
11 Jul 2008, 17:03

Help translating e-mail

Received this e-mail today. I was hoping someone could translate it for me and then help me compose a reply thanking them for their time and effort. I believe the e-mail is telling me they could not locate a birth certificate for my grandmother. Richiesta estratto di nascita COMUNE DI SAN GIOVANNI I...
by tlucente
24 Jun 2008, 05:21
Topic: Detroit Consulate
Replies: 7
Views: 10858

Re: Detroit Consulate

Update, i just recieved an email form the Detroit consulate and they said that I did have to have the documents translated, I think i will have it done just to be safe, plus maybe it will help speed things up if they are. They said you did or did not have to have the documents translated? That is, ...
by tlucente
20 Jun 2008, 22:45
Topic: Detroit Consulate
Replies: 7
Views: 10858

Re: Detroit Consulate

Gildone,

Have you heard back yet? It's been a year. Just curious.

I am just starting the process and I have to use the Detroit consulate as well. Do I understand you right that you didn't have to have your documents translated because they did it for you?