Search found 400 matches

by uantiti
15 Jul 2012, 22:30
Forum: Locations in Italy
Topic: Mese/ San Giacomo Filippo
Replies: 1
Views: 1434

Re: Mese/ San Giacomo Filippo

Hi Sandro, these two towns are really very small and are in a beautiful place in the mountains. Today people go there for vacation both in winter and summer but in the past life was very hard in the mountains. There are no hospitals there, the nearest hospital is in Chiavenna. In the range of years ...
by uantiti
17 Apr 2012, 19:18
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Surname was changed how to find real surname
Replies: 13
Views: 6779

Re: Surname was changed how to find real surname

In Palermo, a similar name, could be "CRAPA" but also CRAPISI, CRAPANZANO, CRAPARO

Ada
by uantiti
15 Apr 2012, 14:40
Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
Topic: Birth Act Format
Replies: 4
Views: 2148

Re: Birth Act Format

Hi Valarie :D , In 1866 City Halls were requested to keep records of births, deaths and marriages on blank registers where the officer had to handwrite the whole text and all necessary information. I'm not sure that all City Halls followed those new rules at the same time. In 1874 City Halls had to ...
by uantiti
13 Apr 2012, 17:59
Topic: Pioda family from Domodossola, Novara, Italy
Replies: 6
Views: 3177

Re: Pioda family from Domodossola, Novara, Italy

Thank you Marty, I was in a hurry this morning and didn't have time to write a form letter. I don't have an Ancestry subscription but tried to find something on John D Pioda in US and this is the result: John D. Pioda married Selika Muegge on 15 March 1893, in Fulton, Georgia; A transcription of a 1...
by uantiti
13 Apr 2012, 12:12
Topic: Pioda family from Domodossola, Novara, Italy
Views: 3177

Re: Pioda family from Domodossola, Novara, Italy

Hi, just few things. If your ancestor immigrated to US in 1870 can we assume he was about 15-20 years old? This means he was born around 1850-1855 or even before if older than 20. Town Halls in Norther Italy started to keep birth records in 1866 (after Unification of Italy). Before 1866, births, dea...
by uantiti
15 Jan 2012, 19:36
Topic: Help with Birth Certificate please
Views: 1980

Re: Help with Birth Certificate please

The image, as Livio said, is really too small. I've tried to enlarge it but it becomes blurry. Anyway, it seems to me that there is no father name as the mother (who is the declarant) was not married.

Ada
by uantiti
10 Jan 2012, 17:46
Topic: Death record name
Views: 2046

Re: Death record name

Biff83 wrote:Hello, Marty

Carnavale?

Biff
I agree with Biff.

Ada
by uantiti
10 Jan 2012, 17:27
Topic: Tartaglione of: Campania/Napoli/Sorrento/Nocera Inferiore?
Replies: 12
Views: 6787

Re: Tartaglione of: Campania/Napoli/Sorrento/Nocera Inferior

Ada, ti chiedo scusa, ma dove hai trovato quel riferimento per il comune di Nocera? Io ci sono stato diverse volte; allo storico dello stato civile non c'è nessuna Anna Russo, e mi hanno detto che non usano le e-mail (per quanto questo possa essere sconvolgente al giorno d'oggi). Infatti, ho i miei...
by uantiti
10 Jan 2012, 16:41
Topic: Tartaglione of: Campania/Napoli/Sorrento/Nocera Inferiore?
Replies: 12
Views: 6787

Re: Tartaglione of: Campania/Napoli/Sorrento/Nocera Inferior

The cousin's name, in the ship manifest that you posted, looks PICERNO MICHELE. Many times people would say they were from a big town instead of a small one that none knows. According to a search engine there are about 15 Tartagliones in Nocera Inferiore. Why don't you try and ask for a birth or mar...
by uantiti
03 Jan 2012, 18:47
Forum: Locations in Italy
Topic: Birth Place for Teresa Zanoni
Replies: 3
Views: 1893

Re: Birth Place for Teresa Zanoni

The other town is now PADENGHE SUL GARDA. As the name says this town is located by the Garda Lake and Carzago Riviera is 4 miles far. I've been in that area quite often in the past as my paternal ancestors lived and had properties in a nearby town.

Ada
by uantiti
25 Dec 2011, 23:51
Forum: Off Topic - We don't only do Italian Genealogy
Topic: Merry Christmas
Replies: 9
Views: 6506

Re: Merry Christmas

A tutti, i migliori auguri di Buon Natale e di un ottimo 2012.

To you all happy holiday!!!!

Ada
by uantiti
17 Dec 2011, 18:34
Topic: Photo Transcriptions - 2
Replies: 2
Views: 1472

Re: Photo Transcriptions - 2

On the first image I read: "Lo zio Ciccio di Bartolo con affetto" standing for "Uncle Ciccio di Bartolo with love". On the second image it seems: " Giulietta (?), Gaetano e la carissima cugina Marietta (?)" and a name of a town (in Sicily) with date: Girgenti Aprile 192...
by uantiti
17 Dec 2011, 18:12
Topic: Spelling
Replies: 1
Views: 993

Re: Spelling

The name is Zuccarello and the word before is "fotografie".

Ada
by uantiti
29 Sep 2011, 09:39
Topic: Translation of marriage certificate of Maddalena Bassanelli
Views: 1928

Re: Translation of marriage certificate of Maddalena Bassane

Let me just add that they got married in Switzerland in Graubünden Canton, in the town of S. Moritz (now a world famous skying resort). The Graubünden Canton (also known as Grison in French and Grigioni in Italian) shares borders with Italy and Sernio and Saint Moritz are about 40 miles far. From wh...
by uantiti
13 Sep 2011, 15:28
Forum: Italian History & Culture
Topic: Monument & Flag/Military Identification
Replies: 15
Views: 7895

Re: Monument & Flag/Military Identification

La piu' che le assomiglia è questa: http://www.ferentino.org/storia_monumenti_nike.php ma è "montata" su un obelisco che non ha nulla a che vedere con l'immagine postata da ML77... inoltre si trova a Ferentino nella piazza del paese mentre la "nostra" sembra trovarsi in un parco...