Search found 8 matches

by ersilia
11 Jan 2011, 13:29
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Garvani
Replies: 8
Views: 5576

Re: Garvani

Hi I hope you are still checking out this forum. My maiden name is Garvani and my father came from Fosdinovo - a little village in Massa Carrara, Tuscany. Don't know too much about that side of my family history. My dad was Mario, son of Alfredo Garvani and I think his father was Pellegrino. My fath...
by ersilia
12 Sep 2008, 02:47
Topic: help locating article from It newspaper no longer published
Replies: 1
Views: 3276

help locating article from It newspaper no longer published

Domenica del Corriere was an Italian weekly newspaper which ran from 1899 to 1989. I am looking for help locating an article in this newspaper. I found the info through an ebay link which has the sale item unfortunately expired. in looking at the cached pages the following information is displayed L...
by ersilia
11 Sep 2008, 01:00
Topic: Peter Timber re surname information
Replies: 6
Views: 7321

Re: Peter Timber re surname information

Peter,

I had done what you suggested but nothing of any value came up. the greek bit that came up was for a fellow whose name was George Arvanitides. or G Arvanitides. so it don't think there is anything there. anyway I had better continue searching. thank you for your help
by ersilia
10 Sep 2008, 06:44

Re: Peter Timber re surname information

thank you Peter, I already had all that information. I was basically just trying to find out the origin of the name and why there would only be those few people with the surname ( I am pretty sure they are all relatives). I have a feeling that it may have changed somewhere down the line and I was wo...
by ersilia
03 Sep 2008, 00:42

Peter Timber re surname information

Peter I was reading a post further down about the origins of a surname and I was wondering if you could check the origins of one for me please? or if you could tell me where to look I would be happy to do that also. the surname is GARVANI - I have done the usual searches and their are only a few by ...
by ersilia
23 Jul 2008, 00:45
Topic: help with father's line in Italy
Replies: 5
Views: 6779

Re: help with father's line in Italy

apologies for not responding sooner. I had to go away for work. thanks Suanj for the information. That is my father and I had that. I think what I am going to have to do is write to the comune and ask for the "family act" for my father.is that correct? Hopefully it will supply details for ...
by ersilia
14 Jul 2008, 22:56

Re: help with father's line in Italy

Hi, thank you for your reply. Second thing first, my father came to Australia in 1952 and he never mentioned anything about anyone else coming over, but seeing that the T Garvani came over 16 years before Dad was born, and the family split, I would not be surprised. I wonder where you found that rec...
by ersilia
14 Jul 2008, 04:30

help with father's line in Italy

am a little reluctant to ask for help as I am really enjoying the detective hunt in researching my family origins. I discovered this forum and have gone through all the posts for at least 50 pages and I have come to the conclusion that while I have come to a temporary halt in my fathers lines, there...