Search found 87 matches

by Felitti-Trimarco
14 Mar 2010, 15:55
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Castelluccio Cosentino, Salerno - History
Replies: 3
Views: 2558

Re: Castelluccio Cosentino, Salerno - History

Hello! Thanks for the information. It is most useful. Do you know if there are any books on the history of this town? From what I see, it's very small, only about 200 people. I would love to find a book which describes the town's history. Thank you everyone for reading my message!
by Felitti-Trimarco
11 Mar 2010, 01:29
Topic: Capaldi, Tedesco, Cassino, Bristol, Liverpool, Dublin
Replies: 13
Views: 8864

Re: Capaldi, Tedesco, Cassino, Bristol, Liverpool, Dublin

I have Tedesco relatives from New York city, I believe they originated from Potenza. Any connection?
by Felitti-Trimarco
09 Mar 2010, 01:31
Topic: Castelluccio Cosentino, Salerno - History
Views: 2558

Castelluccio Cosentino, Salerno - History

Hello! My great great great grandfather Domenico Trimarco (b. 1845 - d. 1906) was born in Castelluccio, Cosentino, a very small town in Salerno. The town is incredibly small and is currently only around a few hundred people. I was wondering if anyone out there knows whether or not there are any hist...
by Felitti-Trimarco
04 Mar 2010, 03:45
Topic: Book Translation - Michele Lavaca
Views: 3546

Book Translation - Michele Lavaca

I found the following book on books.google.com: Cronistoria documentata della rivoluzione in Basilicata del 1860 e delle ... edited by Michele Lacava Does anyone out there know if there is an English translation? I couldn't find one anywhere. I think I found two of my relatives in one of the militia...
by Felitti-Trimarco
30 Jan 2010, 04:10
Topic: Translation Assistance - Domenico Trimarco of Salerno
Replies: 5
Views: 5171

Translation Assistance - Domenico Trimarco of Salerno

Hello everyone, I've been using the website http://books.google.com to search for information on my Italian ancestry. I highly recommend you check it out if you haven't already. I've uncovered some great things. I've searched for my great great great grandfather Domenico Trimarco (born 1845 Castellu...
by Felitti-Trimarco
26 Jan 2010, 04:16
Topic: Sicignano & Salerno help with documents
Replies: 8
Views: 6219

Re: Sicignano & Salerno help with documents

Hi there Chicago! I had a very similar problem. One branch of my family (last name Trimarco) was also from Salerno / Sicignano (lots of Trimarco in Chicago actually - my branch hails from NYC). For some reason, records in Salerno are notoriously difficult to get a hold of. I had a friend here on the...
by Felitti-Trimarco
18 Dec 2009, 00:26
Topic: Translation Assistance
Replies: 6
Views: 4098

Re: Translation Assistance

Also, the last two lines were originally translated as: "in sign of esteem and undying respect towards who let that the bad arts of envious people could appear as ungrateful." Was that an incorrect translation? Is there any reference to "bad arts of envious people" is the italian...
by Felitti-Trimarco
18 Dec 2009, 00:22

Re: Translation Assistance

Hello! Thanks for the translation! So does it not say anything to the effect of "who united their hearts among a lot of resentment" as in the original translation? That particular line would be very important in my research on this side of the family. Thanks so much for your help! sincerel...
by Felitti-Trimarco
17 Dec 2009, 22:59

Translation Assistance

Hello everyone! I just received a wedding announcement for my great great grandparents from 1891. I had a family member overseas translate it, but his interpretation was a little rough. I was wondering if anyone on here could help me with a more elegant translation. In particular, the last few sente...
by Felitti-Trimarco
29 Aug 2009, 17:42
Topic: Question on NYC in early 1900s, are photo's around?
Replies: 4
Views: 4999

Re: Question on NYC in early 1900s, are photo's around?

Hi Joe, This is not an ignorant question at all. It's a fantastic inquiry and I have a lot of experience with this. My Italian ancestors were in NYC during the early 1900's and I am constantly on the look out for old NYC photos of their residences and of the neighborhood where they lived. What's alr...
by Felitti-Trimarco
14 Aug 2009, 04:02
Topic: Il Progresso italo-americano
Replies: 4
Views: 8285

Re: Il Progresso italo-americano

Hello, I took am interested in more information on il progresso in NYC at the turn of the century. Are there any easy ways to search this archive online? Is it only on microfilm? My understanding is that this was a MAJOR italian newspaper back in its heyday. I feel it's a untapped resource as well i...
by Felitti-Trimarco
07 Aug 2009, 23:23
Topic: Italian Pharmacist Records in Italy
Replies: 2
Views: 3188

Re: Italian Pharmacist Records in Italy

Great! Thanks so much! What about the later 1800's? I think my great great grandfather would have done his training a bit later. He was born 1869. Any ideas?

THANSK AGAIN!

FT
by Felitti-Trimarco
07 Aug 2009, 23:00
Topic: Italian Pharmacist Records in Italy
Replies: 2
Views: 3188

Italian Pharmacist Records in Italy

My great great grandfather Pasquale Felitti (b. 1869 Vietri di Potenza - d. 1915 Harlem, New York City), came to this country in the late 1800's (probably about 1888). I believe that he was a pharmacist before coming to the USA, and I also believe that his father Vincenzo Felitti was also a pharmaci...
by Felitti-Trimarco
25 Jul 2009, 15:44
Topic: Missing Trimarco / Barbieri Relatives
Replies: 8
Views: 6039

Re: Missing Trimarco / Barbieri Relatives

The 1907 marriage certificate lists both as being 41 years of age at the time of the marriage. Thanks again for all of your help
by Felitti-Trimarco
23 Jul 2009, 19:05
Topic: Basile Family Information
Replies: 18
Views: 15449

Re: Basile Family Information

I too have Basile relatives:

(Maria?) Filomena Basile, married Domenico Trimarco of Castelluccio, Cosentino in the late 1860's. I think Filomena was originally from Buccino, but she died in 1871 after giving birth to her third child, Giovanni Trimarco. Any connection there?