Search found 87 matches

by Felitti-Trimarco
27 May 2015, 22:39
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Vietri di Potenza - need professional researcher
Replies: 2
Views: 945

Re: Vietri di Potenza - need professional researcher

Hello again everyone - just checking in again to see if there is any information out there about professional genealogy research in Vietri di Potenza.
by Felitti-Trimarco
27 May 2015, 04:26
Topic: Vietri di Potenza - need professional researcher
Views: 945

Vietri di Potenza - need professional researcher

Hello everyone! Does anyone out there know a professional researcher I can hire for a project in Vietri di Potenza? I'm in need of someone local who can look into land and housing records for me. My family once owned a home there and it was willed (in part) to a relative of mine in New York City. Do...
by Felitti-Trimarco
28 May 2012, 06:02
Topic: Help with Death Record Interpretation: Felice Felitti
Views: 870

Help with Death Record Interpretation: Felice Felitti

Hello, An ancestors of mine named Felice Felitti died in Vietri di Potenza 13 Jan 1905. I have his death record but am unable to read it. I was hoping someone might be able to tell me if there is a cause of death listed anywhere. Any other vital information would be most appreciated. Thank you so mu...
by Felitti-Trimarco
26 May 2012, 17:02
Topic: Vincenzo Felitti Ferrigno - help finding living relatives
Replies: 20
Views: 4229

Re: Vincenzo Felitti Ferrigno - help finding living relative

Thanks so much for this information. Is this also the extent of the microfilmed records as well? I'm trying to figure out if I need to write Vietri for the records of Carlos's children's marriages and their children's births or if I can search the microfilms. I know church records exist in Vietri bu...
by Felitti-Trimarco
24 May 2012, 20:34

What are the relevent years for Vietri civil records available online? I would love to research this line further, especially to see if Carlo Felitti and Rosina Triunfo's children ever married and had children of their own. I'd love to avoid writing for civil records and research them myself but I d...
by Felitti-Trimarco
22 May 2012, 18:43

You make an excellent point. The fact that he was there as a witness is very telling though. I wonder why he could not sign the document as the father? I heard a rumor that one of the Felitti relatives was a priest. I wonder if it was Carlo? My goal is to locate living descendents in Italy. Carlo Fe...
by Felitti-Trimarco
22 May 2012, 06:30

This is all amazing information. That Carlo witness some of these births is further confirmation that he may have been the father. I wonder why he would sign as a witness and not the legitimate father? I heard a rumor that my ancestor Angelina Felitti Papesca (in the USA, and sister to Carlo) had a ...
by Felitti-Trimarco
22 May 2012, 00:00

This information is absolutely amazing. I am overwhelmed by all of these fantastic records. Thank you! Do all of these records come from Vietri di Potenza? I am going to be very busy tracking these people down. Again, thank you so much! I am most appreciative. Any further information is also much ap...
by Felitti-Trimarco
21 May 2012, 20:55

This is fantastic information. The name Giulio Cesare is very revealing. The suspected father was likley Carlo Felitti of Vietri di Potenza. He had a set of younger twin brother who died very young, their names were Guilio Cesare and Cesare Guilio. The naming structure makes me think this indeed was...
by Felitti-Trimarco
21 May 2012, 06:33

Wow! Thank you! This is fantastic information and corraborates well with what I knew. I was pretty sure that Carlo Felitti wasn't married to Rosina Triunfo, but this confirms it. Now I need to find out if Vincenza Felitti (Triunfo) and Giuseppe Andre Ferrigno had any children. Are there any good onl...
by Felitti-Trimarco
21 May 2012, 06:31
Topic: Italian Harlem Historians??
Replies: 10
Views: 6242

Re: Italian Harlem Historians??

Thanks for the info. From reading you other posts on other threads it appears you've really dug in deep into this problem. I'm going to think about it for a while. It seems odd to me that the address of birth would have been on 8th Ave. This is kind of far from Mt. Carmel, which is on East 115th St ...
by Felitti-Trimarco
20 May 2012, 23:37

Vincenzo Felitti Ferrigno - help finding living relatives

Hello, I am looking for information on a relative of mine born in Italy. Her name was Vincenza Felitti, born 04 Apr 1900 in Vietri di Potenza to father Carlo Felitti and mother Rosina Triunfo. I'm not entirely certain that Carlo and Rosina were married. I found her birth in an obscure database of Vi...
by Felitti-Trimarco
20 May 2012, 23:16
Topic: Italian Harlem Historians??
Replies: 10
Views: 6242

Re: Italian Harlem Historians??

Hi there, I'd love to help you learn more about Italian East Harlem, although I wouldn't be able to take you on a tour. My Felitti & Trimarco ancestors first settled there in the early 1880's and maintained a presence there until the early 1950's. My great great grandfather Pasquale Felitti was ...
by Felitti-Trimarco
25 Oct 2011, 01:04
Topic: Il Progresso - New York City Daily Italian Newspaper
Replies: 8
Views: 5460

Re: Il Progresso - New York City Daily Italian Newspaper

Anyone have any ideas where I can find 1906 issues of Il Progresso from January to June of that year? It seems like everywhere I look places have the same microfilms. All missing January to June of 1906 (I'm looking for the March issues). I checked with the Library of Congress and came up empty hand...
by Felitti-Trimarco
24 Oct 2011, 19:57
Topic: Il Progresso - New York City Daily Italian Newspaper
Replies: 8
Views: 5460

Re: Il Progresso - New York City Daily Italian Newspaper

Wow! Had great luck searching these archives! Found two obits and one was really incredible! Unfortunately, they don't have the issues for March of 1906, and that was one of the months I needed to search. Anyone have any ideas on how I might find the IL Progresso issues for March of 1906?