Search found 100 matches

by teddi
25 Nov 2010, 20:13
Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
Topic: Citizenship through GF born from GGM before 1948
Replies: 24
Views: 11056

Re: Citizenship through GF born from GGM before 1948

The 1948 constitution declared women equal under Italian law. Subsequent court decisions and legislation based on that that principle have overturned both the pre-1948 inability of women to pass citizenship to children, as well as the pre-1948 requirement that women marrying foreigners lost Italian ...
by teddi
14 Nov 2010, 20:09

DeFilippis78 wrote:Here is a lawyer recommended on this board.

www.italianlaw.net

His name is Anthony Alioto. Hes a lawyer for real estate in Italy but also dual citizenship. Hes in California
Who recommended him?

Alioto's not a lawyer- he's a paralegal.
by teddi
14 Nov 2010, 19:57

It seems to me that the Italian law cited means that the woman loses her Italian citizenship only if the laws of the other country cause her to gain the citizenship of her new husband. No, unfortunately Italy's law is the problem, regardless of the husband's country's laws. Pre-1948 marriages in Br...
by teddi
14 Nov 2010, 19:25

Again, all the talk in this forum about Italian women losing citizenship upon marriage to a foreigner before 1948 is confusing and I'm beginning to wonder if it's even correct. See legge 555/1912 art 10 La donna cittadina che si marita ad uno straniero perde la cittadinanza italiana, sempreché il ...
by teddi
06 Nov 2010, 04:49
Topic: Italian constItution
Replies: 14
Views: 3907

Re: Italian constItution

No, an Italian recognized by blood can never lose his citizenship just like an American born on the soil cannot. An Italian can lose citizenship as follows: 1. Il cittadino italiano perde la cittadinanza se, avendo accettato un impiego pubblico od una carica pubblica da uno Stato o ente pubblico es...
by teddi
04 Oct 2010, 10:52
Topic: New Italian Law March 2009
Replies: 100
Views: 87500

Re: New Italian Law March 2009

The supreme court of italy (Corte Suprema di Cassazione) is now allowing anyone who is from grandparnets to become to Italian... before of an woman married anyone other than an Italian...her descendants would not be able to ask to become italian... She lose all her right then and therre ... now her...
by teddi
08 Aug 2010, 06:32
Topic: Apply for Citizenship in ITALY or through NEWARK CONSULATE?
Replies: 23
Views: 12566

Re: Apply for Citizenship in ITALY or through NEWARK CONSULA

Hi Everybody, I've been living in Italy for 4 years now, first as a student (on a student visa) now I work here (on a subordinate work visa) both of which have been an extraordinarily pain in the ass to get. I have been putting all of this stuff together for about 3 years now, tracing my roots back...
by teddi
20 May 2010, 14:17
Topic: If naturalized before July 1, 1912
Replies: 31
Views: 18249

Re: If naturalized before July 1, 1912

Sure, you could apply at LA if you have CA DL and an address in the LA consular district.
by teddi
20 May 2010, 06:07
Topic: Difficulty renewing passport at Italian Embassy
Replies: 9
Views: 8357

Re: Difficulty renewing passport at Italian Embassy

This same law is applied in Italy when issuing/renewing a passport to parent with minor children (even if they are not listed on the passport)- the other parent must sign the application form. Mom needs to contact father to get him to sign. If she doesn't know where he is, possibly a private investi...
by teddi
20 May 2010, 05:52
Topic: If naturalized before July 1, 1912
Replies: 31
Views: 18249

Re: If naturalized before July 1, 1912

Prior to that date, when a native-born Italian (your great great grandfather) naturalized in another country, he gave up not only his own Italian citizenship but also that of all of his minor children, regardless of where they were born. On or after that date, only children born in Italy automatica...
by teddi
06 May 2010, 06:47
Topic: Citizenship for Widower
Replies: 8
Views: 4572

Re: Citizenship for Widower

Foreign women who married an Italian citizen before April 27, 1983, were automatically granted Italian citizenship". This is true. I would have your mother take proof of father's Italian citizenship (a passport perhaps?), her marriage license/certificate, as well father's death certificate to ...
by teddi
10 Apr 2010, 07:26
Topic: Virginia, Miami Consulate Please Help
Replies: 2
Views: 3496

Re: Virginia, Miami Consulate Please Help

Post what the Dichiarazione Sostitutiva Dell'Atto Di Notorieta says and we can translate it for you. The wording depends on what it's being used for. Here's an online version that you can fill out online, then print out. http://www.comuni.it/autocertificazione/certificati/notorieta.htm As for the ma...
by teddi
10 Apr 2010, 07:09
Topic: How to know when your citizenship has been approved by Italy
Replies: 38
Views: 21964

Re: How to know when your citizenship has been approved by I

johnnyonthespot, thank you for your response to my original post and I apologize for just getting back to you now. To answer your question, I applied Embassy of Italy Consular Section in Washington, DC. Do you have any idea how fast they work? You should get a letter from the DC consular section wh...