by jerseymike
22 Sep 2008, 00:25
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: The Origins of some families of Giovinazzo
Replies: 8
Views: 6466

Re: The Origins of some families of Giovinazzo

Thanks Peter-
My Great Grandfather had owned 6 olive & almond vineyards in Giovinazzo. Possibly his relatives had grown yams?! Interesting.
by jerseymike
21 Sep 2008, 23:54

Peter- I can make out most of the information that I have found. But I have found so many different spellings of my last name I'm not sure if they are related to me or not. One of your replies to me said that IGNAM meant yam. That's a good start for me, but what about the last part of my name? The &...
by jerseymike
21 Sep 2008, 23:34

Peter- Thanks for your help. I have been studying micro-fiche at the local LDS church. I am doing ok, as far as finding relatives,(great grandfather, great great grandfather) but it's the last name that I am having fits over. I guess I have to keep going back until I make a connection with the last ...
by jerseymike
21 Sep 2008, 23:29
Topic: Ignomirello/Ignomeriello/Ignomirelli
Replies: 4
Views: 7158

Re: Ignomirello/Ignomeriello/Ignomirelli

Thanks for all your help and support! I think Medical school would have been easier! I'll be making yet another trip to the church and looking at more micro-fiche! Ciao! ~JM~
by jerseymike
21 Sep 2008, 02:42

The Origins of some families of Giovinazzo

I had found in my research an article about some of the original families of Giovinazzo. Included was: - IGNOMIRIELLO : Matteo, figlio di Francesco Ignomiriello, 1614, in III L.B.C (Libri dei Battesimi della Cattedrale) - Andrea Ignomiriello, macellaio di Binetto e abitante di Giovinazzo, 1590, in A...
by jerseymike
21 Sep 2008, 02:12
Topic: Ignomirello/Ignomeriello/Ignomirelli
Replies: 4
Views: 7158

Ignomirello/Ignomeriello/Ignomirelli

If there is any help out there in the genealogy world, maybe you could help me here. My last name is Ignomirello. Originally "Ignomeriello" from Giovinazzo, Italy. I found an article from a Mondo Basilicata piece titled: The Strong Stance of Potenza Chamber of Commerce About Emmigration in...
by jerseymike
15 Sep 2008, 02:31
Topic: Help with the Ignomeriello name?
Replies: 2
Views: 3745

Help with the Ignomeriello name?

My Grandfather, Filomeno Ignomeriello was born in Giovinazzo, Italy 9/16/1900. My Great Grandfather was: Raffaele Ignomeriello. Born in Giovinazzo, Italy 1/6/1864. His father was: Antonio Ignomeriello. I believe other family members came from Potenza/Basilicata. With such an odd last name could othe...