Search found 7 matches

by nickyras
10 Oct 2008, 01:03
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Pisacane in or around Vietri Sul Mare
Replies: 0
Views: 3280

Pisacane in or around Vietri Sul Mare

I am Looking for any information about the surname Pisacane. My Great Grandmother was Josephine Pisacane, she immigrated to the United States around 1920 and lived in Asbuary Park NJ. She had a brother Frank Pisacane who stayed in Italy. Some other Information that may be helpfull was found in this ...
by nickyras
10 Oct 2008, 00:54
Forum: Locations in Italy
Topic: Cutarelli or Pisacane
Replies: 19
Views: 22950

Re: Cutarelli or Pisacane

I have just discovered my realitves name is Pisacane. My Great Grandmothers name was Josephine Pisacane. This is a translation of a letter I have found: 21 March 1973 Dearest cousins and all the family, I’ll set about writing to give you my news, I am enjoying good health as I hope you and the fam...
by nickyras
10 Oct 2008, 00:21
Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
Topic: Grandmother passed & left letters need traslation
Replies: 7
Views: 20295

Re: Grandmother passed & left letters need traslation

I must apologize for not getting back to all of you have been so kindly helping me I have unfortunately been extremely busy at work and the last thing I wanted to do was come home and get on the computer......Anyway My Great Grandmothers maiden Name was Josephine Pisacane she had a brother who I bel...
by nickyras
24 Sep 2008, 14:35
Topic: Anyone wwith Family in Vietri S/Mare Salerno Italy?
Replies: 0
Views: 2561

Anyone wwith Family in Vietri S/Mare Salerno Italy?

I have had a letter translated and I am trying to find a way to get in touch with these relitives the letter as translated is as follows: 21 March 1973 Dearest cousins and all the family, I’ll set about writing to give you my news, I am enjoying good health as I hope you and the family are too. De...
by nickyras
24 Sep 2008, 12:30
Topic: For beginners, How to go about finding family?
Replies: 5
Views: 5311

For beginners, How to go about finding family?

I wanted to start a thread about how people have gone about their searches for family in Italy. Have you contacted hall of records used a particular website etc. What are some good tips for those of use who are just beginning anything we should be doing post here.
by nickyras
24 Sep 2008, 12:22

Re: Grandmother passed & left letters need traslation

I have been contacted by a few people and I would like to thank them for their help. As we are all bussy in life its nice to know people are out there that stop and take some time to help compleat strangers to those of you who have contacted me to help I thank you. I have attached a copy of the tran...
by nickyras
23 Sep 2008, 14:16

Grandmother passed & left letters need traslation

My grandmother has passed not to long ago and had left this letter for me in hopes that I could accomplish the task of finding my roots. I know that we had Family in Vietri Sul Mare, and I can see that in the letter but I have no one to translate could some kind person please help tranlate so I may ...