Search found 153 matches

by gemellua
05 Jul 2022, 21:56
Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
Topic: Citizenship- is this legit?
Replies: 3
Views: 1280

Citizenship- is this legit?

A friend sent this email to me. Has anyone heard of this organization? Is it legal? Thank you! Independence day is when we celebrate being a US citizen and all the wonderful things that this country has to offer. But, have you ever considered the advantages of being a dual citizen? Here are some of ...
by gemellua
17 Dec 2019, 16:43
Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
Topic: Need help from my Sicilian speaking friends
Replies: 3
Views: 1006

Need help from my Sicilian speaking friends

When the children in our family were under five, I remember my parents and grandparents squeezing their cheeks and stating the following - Vasu (Kiss) Goo-Nar-du (?) - then giving the child a kiss. I do not know the proper spelling of the word/words after kiss, so I spelled them phonetically. Can an...
by gemellua
06 Dec 2019, 19:18
Forum: Locations in Italy
Topic: Cacaamo Sicily - Contact
Replies: 5
Views: 8742

Re: Cacaamo Sicily - Contact

Thank you Italysearcher.

The records I am looking through are these:

http://dl.antenati.san.beniculturali.it ... e/Caccamo/

If there is another link, please provide them to me.
by gemellua
20 Nov 2019, 19:02
Forum: Locations in Italy
Topic: Cacaamo Sicily - Contact
Replies: 5
Views: 8742

Cacaamo Sicily - Contact

Can any member tell me if they ever contacted & received a reply from Caccamo regarding vital records? I'm interested in records before 1820. ( One of our members suggesedt I look through the Processetti and allegati records.Which I've just started doing.) I found the post below among this site'...
by gemellua
19 Nov 2019, 20:14
Topic: Help needed translating vital record
Replies: 20
Views: 3716

Re: Help needed translating vital record

Angela,
Once again thank you for the info.

I will check through the records you suggested.

My family - both parental & maternal - have continued naming their children in the Sicilian tradition. Only in the 2000s has some cousins decided to break with it.
by gemellua
19 Nov 2019, 00:34

Thank you Angela and y mmogno! Hmm... so Margarita was named for her mom's mother. Could be the family had children before Margarita. These male names are not unique. They have continued to be passed on in my family. I'm now wondering if Vincenzo was the sibling of the Giuseppe in my first post? Doe...
by gemellua
18 Nov 2019, 04:54

Thank you AngelaGrace. I found Giuseppe's 1825 birth record. I'm sorry, the copy of the record is so light I am having problems making it out. I tried PhotoShop elements, it has helped a little, not much. Can any of you suggest a program that would help darken the records? http://dl.antenati.san.ben...
by gemellua
15 Nov 2019, 18:52

Regarding the death record of Margarita Galbo - I see the child's father is Giuseppe, can anyone make out his age? Is the mother listed?
by gemellua
15 Nov 2019, 18:41

Tessa, AngelaGrace, and mmogno THANK YOU!
by gemellua
15 Nov 2019, 18:38
Topic: Help a new member with translation of birth record
Replies: 2
Views: 843

Help a new member with translation of birth record

I've been contacted by "reyes" a new member who is having problems posting to the mb. For some reason he can pm members but can't post a query. Can a moderator please help him? Thanks. In the meantime, here is the record for Giovanni Stefano Arduini he needs translated. I was able to give ...
by gemellua
13 Nov 2019, 19:10

I see where the mother is listed now, but can't make out the name. Also - I need the death record listed below translated - Thank you. I cannot make out the first name of the person who died - Number 105. http://dl.antenati.san.beniculturali.it/v/Archivio+di+Stato+di+Palermo/Stato+civile+della+resta...
by gemellua
13 Nov 2019, 17:12

Have another record I need translated. http://dl.antenati.san.beniculturali.it/v/Archivio+di+Stato+di+Palermo/Stato+civile+della+restaurazione/Caccamo/Morti/1860/156/007800312_00341.jpg.html Is the husband Gaetano Rini or is this person just verifying the death? Also is it usual for just one parent ...