Search found 10 matches

by edwardc
11 Dec 2008, 22:33
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Looking for Carlo Benvenuto
Replies: 11
Views: 7145

Re: Looking for Carlo Benvenuto

just a advice when you will write in Chieti state archive: better the request for military service paper ( Esito di leva/Ruolo Matricolare) so you can descover where Carlo was born; Grazie mille for the suggestion! frankly I believe that Maria DI RISIO( with space in italian spell) was widow of a D...
by edwardc
11 Dec 2008, 21:22

Re: Looking for Carlo Benvenuto-UPDATE

I may have made some progress. As I mentioned before, the names of the parents (Giuseppe and Claudina Tumini) are the same on the Pennsylvania death certificates for both Carlo Benvenuto and his wife Maria Di Risio. Since I did not obtain Maria's death certificate until some time after I had gone th...
by edwardc
21 Nov 2008, 21:15
Topic: can any one help
Replies: 26
Views: 17062

Re: can any one help

jolynn wrote: on my grandmothers wedding cert. it gives father as mask aquila conte ( deseased) i don,t know why mask was put before his name
It's possible that it was "mast." instead of "mask", which would likely be an abbreviation for "maestro" (master).
by edwardc
21 Nov 2008, 20:03
Topic: census records
Replies: 5
Views: 4807

Re: census records

When researching Cassino, one thing to keep in mind is that before July of 1863, the town was called San Germano.
by edwardc
12 Nov 2008, 15:47
Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
Topic: Very hard-to-read birth record - help!
Replies: 7
Views: 7056

Re: Very hard-to-read birth record - help!

If it's not too much trouble, what are the other dates/times on the form? (I have a birth date from another document as 7 Jan 1889; does this record agree with that?) I make out the date of the form as 188x, 8th of January. The last part of the year is illegeble, but doesn't have any 'd's, 't's 'or...
by edwardc
11 Nov 2008, 01:54

Hi Ed! I'm sorry, I should have stated the source It's on ancestry. com They came thru Phila Doh!! I was so excited about finding a record I didn't have that I totally ignored the heading on the second page which plainly says "Arriving at Port of Philadelphia, PA" You're so right about La...
by edwardc
11 Nov 2008, 00:20

Just for reference, double checked Maria De Risio & her foster child's (Diana De Leo?) manifest. Last residence & birth place were Casalanguida 1909 manifest page 2 Lines 6 & 7 How on EARTH did you find this listing?? I've been thru the Ellis Island database many hundreds of times since...
by edwardc
10 Nov 2008, 23:31

Go to the Provincial archives for any records not found in both towns. You can write to Directress Miria Ciarma, Archivio Di Stato di Chieti, Via F.Ferri 27, Postale 66100, Sezione Lanciano, Chieti, Abruzzo, Italy. If you wish to e-mail them....Mciarma@beniculturali.it =Peter= Thanks, Peter. I've w...
by edwardc
10 Nov 2008, 23:26

wldspirit wrote:Have you obtained naturalization records?
wldspirit
Neither Carlo nor Maria were ever naturalized
by edwardc
10 Nov 2008, 19:02

Looking for Carlo Benvenuto

This has been my "brick wall" for the last few years. I'm trying to track down Carlo Benvenuto, born 1868/1869 in either Casalanguida or Carpineto Sinello, died 1959 in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA. Also looking for his wife Maria DeRisio, born 1876 and died 1951 in Philadelphia. Carlo'...