by JLYN85
29 Jan 2009, 14:09
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Ioli from Alvito
Replies: 19
Views: 16017

Re: Ioli from Alvito

hi diane!

wow, that is interesting! i'll have to check that out! good luck with your search, and i'll let you know if i find out anything else!!
by JLYN85
28 Jan 2009, 12:58

Hi! Wow, that's awesome! My dad wrote to the Comune of Alvito in 1995 to get some more information, and they sent us Giovanni's birth certificate (my great-grandfather) and also a marriage certificate that was incorrect (since there were 2 Giovanni Ioli's around the same age who were actually second...
by JLYN85
27 Jan 2009, 13:13

Thanks so much!
I figured it was a paperwork error - I'll try to find the real thing when I end up going there. Hopefully we'll get there this year.
I've seen your site and it's amazing - those are great pictures! I'd love to talk to you more about Alvito!
by JLYN85
26 Jan 2009, 19:25

Thank you for your advice, Peter! I've already looked up the paginebianche.it site and also found a group on Facebook for Alvitani. I've been sending messages to some people there, which is really cool. I speak Italian too, which helps. My parents wrote to the Comune in 1995 to get the birth certifi...
by JLYN85
26 Jan 2009, 16:32

Ioli from Alvito

Hi! My family came from Alvito, Italy (Lazio, Frosinone). My great-grandfather was named Giovanni Ioli, and he was born in 1881. He came to America and married Assunta Colletta (from Conca della Campania, Caserta) in 1908. They came back to Conca della Campania where they had a daughter, Lucia, in 1...
by JLYN85
26 Jan 2009, 16:23
Topic: Caruso Name NY
Replies: 7
Views: 8161

Re: Caruso Name NY

Oh, I also had another question for anyone who happens to look at this. If you go into the ship manifest linked above for Anna, there is a section that says "name and address of closest relative in native country" (something like that), where Carmela Domine is listed. Under her name there ...
by JLYN85
26 Jan 2009, 16:20
Topic: Caruso Name NY
Replies: 7
Views: 8161

Re: Caruso Name NY

Donna, Anna's mother was named Maria Donnantuoni, but that is all I know about her. Aunt Millie said that Maria and Antonio Caruso met each other in Rofrano - he was a shepherd and was in a field with his sheep, and she would walk by his field carrying wood on her head and they fell in love with eac...
by JLYN85
26 Jan 2009, 16:11
Topic: Need help Donnantuoni (from Rofrano) & Giordano from
Replies: 6
Views: 6896

Re: Need help Donnantuoni (from Rofrano) & Giordano f

Peter, My family comes from Rofrano, too. My great-great grandmother was named Maria Donnantuoni, and she married Antonio Caruso. My great-grandmother, Anna Maria Caruso, was born in Rofrano in 1883. I'm looking for more information about my family as well, since I don't know when Maria Donnantuoni ...
by JLYN85
13 Nov 2008, 16:17
Topic: Domino, Domini from Campania area
Replies: 14
Views: 11409

Re: Domino, Domini from Campania area

Hi everyone! I'm the granddaughter of Dolores Domino - it's great to find this information online, and see that it's correct (they did live at that address in Corona, and those are my grandmother's siblings - she was the youngest). I know that Mildred and Michael are still alive - they live in Long ...