Search found 11 matches

by aroberts
25 Aug 2011, 19:36
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Giovanni Carano lookup
Replies: 10
Views: 1657

Re: Giovanni Carano lookup

I am a bit of a newbie at this. I have found Giovanni's mother named as Festra Poster, but that is the only information I can find. I'm going to request the birth certificate on Giovanni, in your experience is there anything else I can do to learn more about his parents?
by aroberts
25 Aug 2011, 19:30
Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
Topic: Citizenship and serving in WWI?
Replies: 7
Views: 1325

Re: Citizenship and serving in WWI?

The notations on the manifest are difficult to make out; I might be seeing "Claims USC (United States Citizen?) - No Proof". If this is the case and Sabatino and Loreto did not have proof of their Ohio births with them when they went to Italy (presumably with their mother, Lucia), then Sa...
by aroberts
25 Aug 2011, 19:14

If you think the above information is correct, then your Giovanni was probably born in Carovilli, Province Isernia, Molise Region. You can write directly to the comune to request his birth record (about 1878). Address: Ufficio dello Stato Civile Via Costa Ospedale, 1 86083 Carovilli (IS) ITALY Writ...
by aroberts
25 Aug 2011, 19:08

Re: Citizenship and serving in WWI?

Any chance this is your Sabatino? Aged 22, traveling with brother Loreto (16), leaving behind mother Lucia in Carovilli (Provincia di Isernia, Regione di Molise, Southern Italy), final destination Wellsville, OH to meet up with father Michele. Sabatino's place of birth is given as Youngstown, OH an...
by aroberts
25 Aug 2011, 18:56

There is a family tree on Ancestry.com for Giovanni Carano... Is that your tree? Owner listed as "juviemom" http://trees.ancestry.com/tree/9398285/person/1889274741 No source records there, but this information is listed... born 1878 in Italy died 1958 Wife Marie Putature (1874-1954) Pare...
by aroberts
25 Aug 2011, 18:02

Citizenship and serving in WWI?

My g-g-grandfather Sabatino DiFalco was born in Ohio, but served in the Italian army during WWI. I don't know much about this, but I am wondering how it was possible since he was born in the US? His parents were both born in Italy as I understand it.
by aroberts
25 Aug 2011, 17:59

Giovanni Carano lookup

I am wondering if anyone could do a lookup of Giovanni Carano, born in Italy (not sure when) died in Ohio (?) in 1958 and married to Marie/Maria. A daughter is Carmela Carano. I'm interested in any and all information about him, particularly who his parents were. Thank you!
by aroberts
22 Nov 2008, 17:55
Topic: Giovanni Carano and Marie Putaturo
Replies: 2
Views: 3166

Giovanni Carano and Marie Putaturo

I am looking for information on these two,when and where they were born, where and when they died etc. I believe they are from the Carovilli, Italy area but am not sure. Anything is helpful.
Thank you in advance
by aroberts
20 Nov 2008, 06:14
Topic: New york
Replies: 25
Views: 21518

Re: New york

A couple questions-
where should I be looking to get so much information as you have shown me here? I would like to find out more about Michael DiFalco and Lucia Mariola DiFalco such as who their parents were.
by aroberts
20 Nov 2008, 05:42

Re: New york

Thank you so much for all this information it is much more than I hoped for.
sabatino's mother's name also was Lucia so that would explain the manifest.
All the help is much appreciated I am very new at this and have no idea where to begin!!
by aroberts
19 Nov 2008, 04:43

New york

I am looking for immigration records for Sabatino DiFalco and his wife and child Carmela and Lucia. He came from italy (not sure where or when) to new york. I have already searched the ellis island records and am wondering if someone has any other links where I could find this information?