Search found 9 matches

by Kenntak
19 Feb 2009, 23:42
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Falco and Caravella from Camporeale
Replies: 18
Views: 13290

Re: Falco and Caravella from Camporeale

I am very excited, my wife and I will join my brother and his wife and my parents in Italy this June. Of course, we are planning to go to Camporeale and other cities in Siciliy. We will also see Roma and the Almafi coast. It will be great seeing where my roots come from.
by Kenntak
02 Feb 2009, 12:49

I received certified copies of all of the records I requested from Camporeale, free of charge! I really appreciate them doing that and appreciate Riccardo's help. Ironically, it is taking much longer to obtain any records of naturalization from the USCIS, and I paid for those records. In any event, ...
by Kenntak
22 Jan 2009, 12:52

Thanks again Riccardo. I included a self-addressed envelope, but the envelope was not stamped. Hopefully I will hear something in the next few weeks.
by Kenntak
22 Jan 2009, 04:21

Well, it's been over a month since I mailed the letter and I have not heard from Camporeale. I wonder how long it will take.
by Kenntak
15 Dec 2008, 20:28

Grazie Riccardo!!!
by Kenntak
15 Dec 2008, 19:39

Here is a letter I am working on; I need some translation help: [my address and email] Comune di Camporeale (PA) Ufficio di Stato Civile Via Marco Minghetti 85 90043 - Camporeale - Palermo Italia / Italy Egregi Signori, [I am applying for Italian citizenship. In that regard,] per favore, mi potrebbe...
by Kenntak
13 Dec 2008, 15:46

Thanks again Valarie, the information is fascinating. I missed Salvatore Barbera the first time I went through the records, thanks for finding that. I note he was going to Newark, where Andrea resided until his death. On the manifests, when a name is crossed off, does that mean they were not on the ...
by Kenntak
13 Dec 2008, 05:50

Thanks ricbru, I will put together a proposed letter and post it here. I appreciate the help. vj, regarding the 1913 manifest, you indicate that the 1940 date for Santo (called Sam) and the 1936 date for Franceso (called Frank) were possible naturalization dates. That's interesting, I was wondering ...
by Kenntak
12 Dec 2008, 21:49

Falco and Caravella from Camporeale

Hello, I am doing genealogical research for the purpose of discovering my roots and obtaining dual Italian citizenship. I have learned that my great-grandfather was Andrea Falco born in 1873 in Camporeale, Italy. His future wife, Giacoma Caravella was also born there in 1880. They apparently got mar...