Search found 25 matches

by JeanR
03 Aug 2012, 16:21
Forum: Locations in Italy
Topic: Need Information on S.Giorgio
Replies: 17
Views: 17473

Re: Need Information on S.Giorgio

I'm glad you found my blog. If you left a message, it's probably the one that didn't leave me a way to get back in touch. As to your question "Do you think that Joseph used his father's name? Is this an Italian thing to do?" It's very possible. I don't know if it's an "Italian thing&q...
by JeanR
28 Dec 2008, 03:44
Forum: Italian History & Culture
Topic: FROM ITALY TO THE COAL FIELDS
Replies: 26
Views: 46703

Re: FROM ITALY TO THE COAL FIELDS

Thank you Cathy. Without the help of ItalianGenealogy.com I never could have gotten as far as I did as fast as I did on my family history.
by JeanR
18 Dec 2008, 04:41
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Need Help Finding Information on my Grandfather Giacomo Riva
Replies: 36
Views: 22929

Re: Need Help Finding Information on my Grandfather Giacomo

Thank you Laura! Rome Alaria is, indeed, my great-uncle, sibling to my grandmother Josephine Riva. I even remember him from when I was a kid. It's interesting that he was married in Indiana. I didn't know from oral history that any one in the family had ever lived in that state. This is also the fir...
by JeanR
16 Dec 2008, 23:06
Forum: Italian History & Culture
Topic: FROM ITALY TO THE COAL FIELDS
Replies: 26
Views: 46703

Re: FROM ITALY TO THE COAL FIELDS

This is an interesting thread. My Italian ancestors all ended up in the coal mining regions of Illinois when they first came to America. I recently was viewing a 1920 townships' census records and almost everyone in the township was listed as Italian with some Irish mixed in the area. It's my unders...
by JeanR
16 Dec 2008, 22:32

Maurizio,

What a kind offer. I hope some day to be in a position to accept it.

Jean
by JeanR
12 Dec 2008, 02:54

Maurizio, Thanks for the website! I may have to inspire some of my relatives to all get together and to tour our ancestral homeland. From the pictures I've seen so far on the web, your county is beautiful. That's interesting about the street of "American Style" homes in San Giorgio. One of...
by JeanR
12 Dec 2008, 02:34
Topic: Falletti Family
Replies: 56
Views: 61058

Re: Falletti Family

I know this is an old thread but I tried contacting the topic starter with the email address within but it bounced back. So I'm hoping Dennis is still following this thread and may see my reply. I have a Margherita Faletto from Pertusio, Italy, in my family tree (and he has a Margherita Falletti) an...
by JeanR
09 Dec 2008, 21:55

Pink: That is amazing! I'm awestruck. My great-grandmother's birth date from one of the later census records lines up with the birthday on this Philadelphia Passenger List! It has to be her, and no one in the family knew a single thing about her. Thanks for the spelling correction on the Massimo and...
by JeanR
09 Dec 2008, 17:28

Peter and Ada: Thank you both for your help. I used Ada's link about San Giorgio Canavase as the background information for my great grandfather's hometown. It was just what I wanted. Later I'll write to Peter's source so I can add more details if I get a reply. I checked with the post office yester...
by JeanR
08 Dec 2008, 14:40

Thank you all for your help!

Jean
by JeanR
08 Dec 2008, 02:20

Need Information on S.Giorgio

The 1907 passenger list that Pink found for me a few days ago turned out to be gold mine of information. My great grandfather (Pietro Allaria) must have been coming back after a trip to Italy and he brought with him five relatives who had not been to the America before. They were all going to the sa...
by JeanR
06 Dec 2008, 04:46
Forum: Off Topic - We don't only do Italian Genealogy
Topic: Success! YAY!!!
Replies: 11
Views: 9015

Re: Success! YAY!!!

BONVAL:

"We met that same evening and shared our files."

That's a wonderful story. I'm so happy for you.

Jean
by JeanR
06 Dec 2008, 04:42
Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
Topic: Need Help Reading This Italian Army Paper
Replies: 10
Views: 9000

Re: Need Help Reading This Italian Army Paper

..... There is a physical description of your ancestor in the back page which says: Height: 1.67 (there is a hole but I can guess a 7. Don't know in feet but he wasn't very tall) Hair and eyebrow: chestnut, Eyes: Grey, Forehead: low, Nose: Grecian, Completion: Rosy, Teeth: healthy, Distinguishing m...
by JeanR
06 Dec 2008, 04:21
Topic: Need Help Finding Information on my Grandfather Giacomo Riva
Replies: 36
Views: 22929

Re: Need Help Finding Information on my Grandfather Giacomo

..........I'm always absolutely astonished at seeing how quickly and efficaciously the forumists here succeed in making optimum use of web sources to gather useful info when it comes to discover what happened to Italian emigrants after they landed in U.S.? BRAVISSIMI! Maurizio, I, too, am absolutel...
by JeanR
05 Dec 2008, 07:24
Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
Topic: Need Help Reading This Italian Army Paper
Replies: 10
Views: 9000

Re: Need Help Reading This Italian Army Paper

Thank you, richru. I really appreciate your time and expertise in helping me.

Jean