Search found 12 matches

by tdigeronimo
06 Feb 2009, 00:35
Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
Topic: Questions about Naturalization Certificate
Replies: 8
Views: 7098

Re: Questions about Naturalization Certificate

I have also just obtained naturalization papers. When translating these for dual citizenship application, do all the pages need to be translated or just the one that gives the details of the dates, petition # and court name?
by tdigeronimo
04 Feb 2009, 21:41
Topic: last step in dual citizenship and now stuck
Replies: 22
Views: 15420

Re: last step in dual citizenship and now stuck

Yes, we have both tried this and end up hungry and with no success. But now the baseball league manager is promising to move things along. I will let you know how this turns out!
by tdigeronimo
03 Feb 2009, 22:22

Re: last step in dual citizenship and now stuck

Thank you -- all of you who have offered advice. I am in NJ USA and working with the consulate in Newark. I am a teacher and can call only after 3 o'clock. I call and call and call every day over and over and the line is always busy. I am now completing the application that is offered online and is ...
by tdigeronimo
01 Feb 2009, 21:13

last step in dual citizenship and now stuck

I have ALL necessary documents for dual citizenship in long, certified form with apostille seals from both US and Italy and with translations. Now what? I call and email my consulate and get no response. No one answers the phone, or it is busy, or I leave a message that goes unanswered. I send email...
by tdigeronimo
25 Jan 2009, 22:39
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: DiGeronimos found!
Replies: 1
Views: 2888

DiGeronimos found!

I am very excited to share good news. I have received ALL the documents I've been looking for regarding the DiGeronimos of Santomenna/Salerno. The documents go back to great-great-grandfather Felice, great-grandfather Francesco, and grandfather Giuseppe. (And all their wives)Giuseppe left Italy and ...
by tdigeronimo
01 Jan 2009, 03:46
Topic: Di Geronimo's from Santomenna in Argentina
Replies: 8
Views: 6908

Re: Di Geronimo's from Santomenna in Argentina

I believe we are both searching for the same DiGeronimos. My husband, Michael DiGeronimo, is from Jersey City, NJ USA. His grandfather, Giuseppe, came to USA from Santomenna in 1901. His brother Felice arrived soon after and lived with him on Mercer St. in Jersey City. Felice then moved on to Argent...
by tdigeronimo
30 Dec 2008, 14:52
Topic: tracking down vital stats from Santomenna???
Replies: 5
Views: 5318

Re: tracking down vital stats from Santomenna???

Thank you for this advice. I will send a letter by mail immediately. Will the following address be sufficient?
Del Stato Civile
Comune di SANTOMENNA
ITALIA
by tdigeronimo
30 Dec 2008, 14:23
Topic: tracking down vital stats from Santomenna???
Replies: 5
Views: 5318

tracking down vital stats from Santomenna???

How can I find vital statistics for great-grandparents? I am looking for the birth, marriage and death records of Francesco DiGeronimo (born abt mid 1800s) and his wife Mariangiola Gatto, both from Santomenna/Salerno. Their son (my grandfather) was Giuseppe DiGeronimo born in Santomenna/Salerno in 1...
by tdigeronimo
09 Dec 2008, 20:12
Topic: Information about DI GERONIMO`S FAMILY in New Jersey
Replies: 21
Views: 25973

Re: Information about DI GERONIMO`S FAMILY in New Jersey

Laura, You have been very helpful. You helped Ana find me and I am married to her cousin! Thank you for this address; it is exactly what I need to get this going. If I write in English asking for birht, marriage and death certificates, will they respond? Or do I have to write in Italian? I will also...
by tdigeronimo
06 Dec 2008, 18:27

Hi Laura, How kind of you to help me with this information. Are you a DiGeronimo? Yes, Guiseppe (Joseph) DiGeronimo IS my husband's grandfather. He remembers being at that house on Mercer St. in Jersey City. He remembers his grandfather well. This census that lists a son Joseph age 9 is my husband's...
by tdigeronimo
03 Dec 2008, 20:37

My name is Theresa DiGeronimo. I am helping my husband, Michael, gather documents so he may claim dual citizenship in Italy. In my search, I came across this forum. I believe Ana is directly related to my husband of Jersey City, NJ. Here is what I know so far: My Husband: Michael DiGeronimo; born J...
by tdigeronimo
03 Dec 2008, 20:33

My name is Theresa DiGeronimo. I am helping my husband, Michael, gather documents so he may claim dual citizenship in Italy. In my search, I came across this forum. I believe Ana is directly related to my husband of Jersey City, NJ. Here is what I know so far: My Husband: Michael DiGeronimo; born Je...