Search found 7 matches

by AnnetteLB
17 May 2009, 20:06
Forum: Italian History & Culture
Topic: Italian American Football Wedding
Replies: 20
Views: 27889

Re: Italian American Football Wedding

Don't recognize those names, except of course, the Cross Bronx. Been on that many times.

Enjoy
Annette
by AnnetteLB
13 May 2009, 15:56

So glad to be of help. By the way, I was born in the Bronx and then moved to New Jersey when I was 5. My parents lived in the Bronx most of their life too!

Just as a curiosity - we lived on Fox Street - near Tremont Ave. How about your dad?

Annette
by AnnetteLB
07 May 2009, 20:16

I'm looking for any information anyone may have on Italian Football weddings.....anything you could share would be greatly appreciated! Not sure what type of info you want, but I can tell you how I learned the term. Growing up, I attended many family weddings in the Bronx, New York or on Long Islan...
by AnnetteLB
12 Apr 2009, 18:00
Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
Topic: Help understanding a "casa posta" in an atto di na
Replies: 10
Views: 10505

Re: Help understanding a "casa posta" in an atto d

[quote="pink67"]Grazie Jerry, contraccambio gli Auguri! I must admit that I had an idea but I didn't knew the exact meaning of the word Cassinaggio but I found the meaning on.line here: http://ita.proz.com/glossary-translations/italian-to-english-translations/62/c cassina / cassinaggio = f...
by AnnetteLB
12 Apr 2009, 17:54
Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
Topic: Trying to translate birth record but need help, please
Replies: 10
Views: 10248

Re: Trying to translate birth record but need help, please

Karenmurphy Hi - I research at LDS FHC all the time and I found that the best way to translate is using a book called "Italian Genealogical Records" 'How to use Italian Civil, Ecclesiastical & Other Records in Family History Research' BY TRAFFORD R. COLE. They have it at my FHC and I b...
by AnnetteLB
16 Feb 2009, 15:23
Forum: Locations in Italy
Topic: Quaqlietta, Avellino, Campania, Italy - contact info?
Replies: 2
Views: 3884

Quaqlietta, Avellino, Campania, Italy - contact info?

My mother's family all originated in this little village. Does anyone have an address for me to contact regarding births, and heritage? I only have info on my mother's parents, and need to go back further. Any help would be appreciated.

Annette
by AnnetteLB
21 Jan 2009, 18:48
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: LoBello, Fragale, Geraci Sciara, Sicily
Replies: 5
Views: 8141

LoBello, Fragale, Geraci Sciara, Sicily

I recently joined and could use some advice, as my problem is I believe a bit unique. My grandfather, Luigi LoBello, born 1888, married Antonina Rini , born 1889, in Sciara in 1910. After my father, Francesco was born in 1911, they came to America through Ellis Island. From that point on - I am doin...