Search found 53 matches

by borderline
17 Oct 2012, 02:06
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Amato, Caragliano names in Milazzo
Replies: 16
Views: 13772

Re: Amato, Caragliano names in Milazzo

All my info comes from the microfilms of birth records from the town of Milazzo, ordered via the LDS church.
by borderline
04 Oct 2011, 01:22
Topic: Searching for an Amato in Italy
Replies: 6
Views: 1549

Re: Searching for an Amato in Italy

Oh, OK. Well, I have already searched all of the records of all of the Amatos in that town and I did not find any marriage or children in Milazzo. That's why I was wondering if there was another way of tracking this person someplace else in Italy considering he died probably after 1953.
by borderline
03 Oct 2011, 16:15

Re: Searching for an Amato in Italy

Thanks for the reply. I have his birth record, so I already know his actual date of birth. How will having his marriage record help me find his children and date/place of death?
by borderline
02 Oct 2011, 18:18

Searching for an Amato in Italy

Hi, I have a lot of information about the Amato family from Milazzo, but there is something I'm trying to find out and I'm wondering if you can help. From the scanned LDS records I have found my great-great grandparents' names and children. Virtually all of them either stayed in Milazzo or came to t...
by borderline
28 Sep 2011, 00:40

Also, Anna Maiorana (could be Maiorana), married to Rocco Amato, 1844, marriage certificate #44. And this couple had a baby Rosaria Amato born Apr. 29 1845, birth certificate #124. Giuseppe Amato and Gaetana Maiorana had a baby Anna Amato b. Apr 9 1846, birth certificate #67. Onofrio Amato and Vince...
by borderline
28 Sep 2011, 00:34

Imbruglia: I'm not sure if it was Imbruglio or Imbrulia, but I have a record of Anna Maria Imbruglio married to Salvatore Amato, they had two children (at least): Vincenzo Amato born Feb 3 1879 and Gioachino Amato born Jul. 27 1880. These are from birth records #52 (1879) and #235 (1880). La Rosa: I...
by borderline
30 Jan 2010, 06:49
Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
Topic: Need help with name on Death Certificate
Replies: 4
Views: 4040

Re: Need help with name on Death Certificate

I didn't find "Spuglia" on this site but I did find "Spicuglia", could that be it?

http://cognome.alfemminile.com/w/cognom ... uglia.html
by borderline
30 Jan 2010, 06:44

Re: Need help with name on Death Certificate

Good point,you can get some info from other words that are more common. I don't have the rest of the document,but here is a larger view if that helps anyone. The microfilm is underexposed so hard to read, plus it's the smaller 16 mm. Let me know if this larger sample gives anyone a different answer ...
by borderline
29 Jan 2010, 23:58

Need help with name on Death Certificate

Here is the wife of the person who is listed on the certificate. It has last name first (unknown to me) and first name "Maria Antonia" Could someone take a crack at this one? It is from Milazzo, on Sicily, if that helps narrow it down. Last four letters look like "uglio". First l...
by borderline
15 Nov 2009, 04:25
Topic: Orphan Birth Certificate Translation
Views: 9859

Re: Orphan Birth Certificate Translation

In my research I have noted that foundlings where always given a surname not found in the community. This effectively marked the child as illegitimate! This is exactly the case here. The surname "Anacreonte" was apparently common in Calabria but not found in Milazzo. So every Anacreonte i...
by borderline
14 Nov 2009, 20:05

Re: Orphan Birth Certificate Translation

Thanks John. Does anyone else see anything that could be informative about this person? For example, who gave him this surname "Anacreonte"? Would that have been the people who found him? How can I find out who raised this person, as all of the later documents do not list parents or foster...
by borderline
11 Nov 2009, 05:31

Orphan Birth Certificate Translation

I finally found the birth certificate of my oldest known relative in the Anacreonte family who was an orphan. I would like to get any of this translated. I know it starts with "da ignoti genitori" which means of unknown parents, but I don't know much about the rest of the handwritten part....
by borderline
19 Sep 2009, 01:23
Topic: Relationships on Death Certificates
Views: 5016

Re: Relationships on Death Certificates

Yes, thanks. I know on the forms I have seen they have official spaces for the father and mother, but after the handwritten name of the deceased, they sometimes put "spouse of...".

Thanks.
by borderline
17 Sep 2009, 16:33
Topic: Relationships on Death Certificates
Views: 5016

Relationships on Death Certificates

I'm trying to read a notation on a death record, but unfortunately don't have the image to post. The question is, on the death record, they will put the name of the deceased and then for example they will mention that they are the esposo of ***. What other possible relationships will they put down b...
by borderline
15 Sep 2009, 23:08
Topic: Mysterious profession
Replies: 10
Views: 7668

Re: Mysterious profession

Many thanks, very helpful.