Search found 80 matches

by hollyolly7
13 Feb 2011, 10:48
Forum: Locations in Italy
Topic: Bertone in Provincia di Pavia?
Replies: 29
Views: 20368

Re: Bertone in Provincia di Pavia?

S-mac, I heard back from the comune of Ottone. They said that the only 2 Teresa Molinelli's born in 1879 are the following: Teresa Caterina Molinelli, born in the frazione of Barchi 20/1/1879. Father: Giuseppe, mother: Rosa Molinelli Teresa Maddalena Molinelli, born in Bertone the 14 of April 1879. ...
by hollyolly7
26 Jan 2011, 19:53
Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
Topic: Unoffical First & Middle Name Change stalls processing
Replies: 7
Views: 2812

Re: Unoffical First & Middle Name Change stalls processi

steveo, I have a problem very similar to yours. I still haven't done the "domanda" at the comune for my citizenship but I will be doing it soon (let's hope..). I am applying like this: Me-->Father-->GM-->GGF I have 3 name discrepancies..... GGF- Giovanni Molinelli---John Molinelli GGM- Gio...
by hollyolly7
23 Jan 2011, 13:54
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Italian Citizenship through father's mother's side
Replies: 3
Views: 1313

Re: Italian Citizenship through father's mother's

No, that's not fully correct. I am getting my italian citizenship more or less like you: me-->F-->GM--->GGF As long as your grandmother had your father on or after Jan 1 1948, you can still do it. Here's what I found to confirm this: "Your mother was born in a country other than Italy, your mat...
by hollyolly7
18 Jan 2011, 12:44

S-mac
Just wanted to let you know that I sent out a request for your grandmothers birth certificate--I expect to hear back from them in a week or so, they are quite fast at this teeny tiny comune
by hollyolly7
09 Jan 2011, 21:14
Topic: Naturalization and Petition for Naturalization Documents NYC
Replies: 9
Views: 3001

Re: Naturalization and Petition for Naturalization Documents

Also, NARA, aka the National Archives, doesn't have all naturalization documents. In fact, they didn't have anything for my GGF.
by hollyolly7
09 Jan 2011, 21:10
Topic: Naturalization and Petition for Naturalization Documents NYC
Replies: 9
Views: 3001

Re: Naturalization and Petition for Naturalization Documents

diamante-- I don't know where you live but I went there in person and got it. I found the listing on this website: http://www.jgsny.org/kingsintro2.htm I had originally written them but one of the guys that works in there, Mike, had written me back saying that the archive number I gave him didn't ex...
by hollyolly7
29 Dec 2010, 20:33

Hi David, If you write to the Comune of Livorno you will be able to request your GGF's birth certificate-there you will be able to find out his parents names. P.P may be Pier Paolo, but like I said above, it will be listed on the birth certificate. Here is their address: Comune di Livorno Piazza del...
by hollyolly7
24 Dec 2010, 22:22

Hi S-mac and dbell, So sorry I haven't gotten back to you until now, I've been travelling and haven't been on the computer. Dbell, there are a few small towns called Molinello if your relatives weren't from Bertone but it is most likely that they are from where my relatives are from as it is not a c...
by hollyolly7
17 Dec 2010, 17:53

Hi Everyone, I have quite a few Molinelli relations in my family. Not all directly blood-related but my grandmother had 5 sisters and 3 of them married more Molinelli's. Anyways, I also have a great write-up on Bertone itself, in Italian, that I should be translating soon. If you want any help findi...
by hollyolly7
14 Dec 2010, 17:30
Topic: ship manifest for Filippo LoBianco
Replies: 2
Views: 1626

ship manifest for Filippo LoBianco

Can anyone help me find a ship manifest for Filippo LoBianco? He came from Sperlinga in Sicily in the 1910's 1920's at about 20 years old. His final destination was Chicago. Thanks for the help!
by hollyolly7
13 Dec 2010, 19:57
Topic: information about Filippo LoBianco from Sperlinga
Views: 1458

Re: information about Filippo LoBianco from Sperlinga

Thanks for the try, Peter.

Does anyone have ancestry.com that can do this? A lot of stuff comes up but I can't access it!
by hollyolly7
13 Dec 2010, 19:33
Topic: information about Filippo LoBianco from Sperlinga
Views: 1458

information about Filippo LoBianco from Sperlinga

I'm looking for the following information for a friend of mine. He is trying to find passenger's lists and naturalizations for his GGF, Filippo LoBianco (possibly Lo Bianco), from Sperlinga (Enna) Sicily. He came at about 20, 21 years old in the 1910's 1920's with his final destination as Chicago. H...
by hollyolly7
13 Dec 2010, 14:28

Hi S-mac,

What were the names of your grandmothers parents? Teresa was a common name in Bertone. I have a great aunt and great grandmother named Teresa.
If you are interested, there are great photos of Bertone on panoramio:
http://www.panoramio.com/photo/4549505

Holly