Search found 28 matches

by Tonio70
13 Aug 2010, 23:36
Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
Topic: Miami Consulate appt last week, long post
Replies: 6
Views: 9676

Re: Miami Consulate appt last week, long post

Thanks for your posting at the Miami Consulate, I have an appointment at the end of this month. I have all documents from GGF, GF,M and myself, I do not have a marriage certificate for my parents since they were not married, but my mother carried my fathers name till her death,(ughhhh). I am guessin...
by Tonio70
14 Jul 2010, 02:23
Topic: NY and NJ - warning
Replies: 35
Views: 21345

Re: NY and NJ - warning

If You have a copy of the doument, request a certified copy from the court, include a copy of the document with the request and the correct fees and you should be able to obtain it. That is what I did for my GGF, GF, Mother and Father. If not have your grandmother order it for you. It should be an e...
by Tonio70
14 Jul 2010, 01:05

All my documents fron NYC have a Letter of Explemification on them stating they are a true copy of the said original record. Maybe I am have not read the replies correctly, are you doing this for research or citizenship? Also, do you have copies of the documents and are trying to obtain certified co...
by Tonio70
14 Jul 2010, 00:13

I am applying for Citizenship and I was able to obtain all these documents certified, long form. I would say if the person is doing this just for For Genealogical Use Only, then ordered certified copies as if they were applying for citizenship.
by Tonio70
13 Jul 2010, 23:49
Topic: Starting birth certificate search
Replies: 17
Views: 18751

Re: Starting birth certificate search

Did your grandparents migrate to the US? If so go to Ellis Island website and put their names in a search and see if any manifest records appear. This is how I first did a search and I was able to pinpoint the town of Italy they came from and I started there.
by Tonio70
13 Jul 2010, 23:43

I have ordered every single document from NYC records except for GGF birth certificate and NYC has returned all requests with original documents. All the documents I ordered are for ancestors who are deceased and there have been no problems. I have been reading that individuals are having a difficul...
by Tonio70
13 May 2010, 22:34
Topic: Getting those certified copies with apostille: the process
Replies: 12
Views: 7958

Re: Getting those certified copies with apostille: the proce

Anyone obtaining documents from NYC need to know it is a 3 step process in order to actually get the Apostille from the State of New York. I just finally finished Step 2, the notary verification of 7 documents. So far it has taken a litte over 4 months so far. Now I am at the last stage, the Apostil...
by Tonio70
13 May 2010, 01:47

Well if I am reading this correctly, you are her grandaughter, so you are in direct descendent. I had to retrieve my grandfather's birth record from NYC Vital records and I recieved it wit no headaches. I do hope they will see that you are related to the individual that you are requesting the docume...
by Tonio70
12 May 2010, 23:16

Briginda, I hope I can be of some assistance to you. I had a certain situation, my mother had passed on and I needed her birth certificate certified for the citizenship process. I completed the application and mailed it in along with a copy of the death record, money orders, and I received the actua...
by Tonio70
18 Feb 2010, 23:43
Topic: Authentication of City Clerk Signatures NYC
Replies: 32
Views: 18206

Re: Authentication of City Clerk Signatures NYC

Thanks for the information, I will call tomorrow and see if they received my documents for notary authentication. I have my appointment in the Miami consulate at the end of August, 2010. I had to recently send for my GGF birth register in Varese Italy once again after they made an error with his bir...
by Tonio70
18 Feb 2010, 02:31

Good to hear, hopefully my documents are being processed along yours :) and i will recieve them shortly. I just want this headache to be over already. Good luck.
by Tonio70
18 Feb 2010, 02:07
Topic: Need Help with Death & Birth Certificates
Replies: 2
Views: 2657

Re: Need Help with Death & Birth Certificates

I beleive the Clerk erred when she said you would need a lawyer. If you have the death certificates of your grandparents, may I suggest you include a copy with them with your request for birth records. I did this when I ordered my mothers(1943) and grandfathers (1915) birth records. Also include in ...
by Tonio70
18 Feb 2010, 01:59

The whole process for NYC is a pain in the a**. I myself am going through the second process of getting all signatures verified just to have them returned to me so I can send them back for Apostilles. I lived in NYC prior to living in Florida, if I knew of the headache and time wasted, I would have ...
by Tonio70
14 Feb 2010, 02:04
Topic: Another family member applying for Italian Citizenship
Replies: 2
Views: 2636

Another family member applying for Italian Citizenship

My Aunt, her daughter and two kids(cousins) are now going to applying for Italian Citizenship in Houston TX through our GGF, my aunt's GF. My question is since my cousin is married, how would her husband get citizenship through her. Is it possible at all?

Antonio.