Search found 8 matches

by sweetpea
01 Apr 2009, 00:21
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: DiChiara, Matera, Stagliano, Italy
Replies: 40
Views: 32266

Re: DiChiara, Matera, Stagliano, Italy

Anthony's Daughter did confirm Felice Fornabio was grandma's, (Grace), sister's husband.

So that makes it a Brother-in-law, but it's not Vitos sister it's Grace's sister...
by sweetpea
31 Mar 2009, 22:15

I did the Ellis Island/ Castle Garden using just the last name about 15 Fornabaio's from Potenza and Stigliano, wide range of years, nothing before 1905..Which I would think they would have had to be here at least a few years before Vito came..
by sweetpea
31 Mar 2009, 19:13

Ok, First Thank you all so much.. What I have found out is :Anthony and Ann were born in NYC. I noticed that the original name was spelled Dichiaro. Interesting. Yes, g- grandma was remarried to Frank Frankolino. They weren't married too long. She married him to get the girls out of the orphanage. I...
by sweetpea
31 Mar 2009, 00:35

Would need a second opinion, but I'm wondering if the correct spelling could be MENDELLA wldspirit Would need a second opinion, but I'm wondering if the correct spelling could be MENDELLA wldspirit It could be.. The BC that I have is a faxed copy, my mother had the orig. and I have not been able to...
by sweetpea
30 Mar 2009, 21:01

This is an interesting 1920 census for a Catholic home. Valarie Marie's name is similar to the 1910 census Sister Anna is listed as being born in Italy For both, the year of immigration is 1905 - which means Anna would have been born in NY Both naturalized in 1917 Sister Rosa may have been married ...
by sweetpea
30 Mar 2009, 16:15

"She is seeking information about the Di Chiara side of her family who are from Stigliano" Yes, I am I know that he was the only one to come to America.So I know there is still family there some where.. VJ..Thank you so much for the 1910 census.. I would also even like to find any info. he...
by sweetpea
30 Mar 2009, 13:23

DiChiara, Matera, Stagliano, Italy

I have a DiChiara in my family files, also trying to connect and find Voto's sister and brothers.... Vito DiChiara who came to the US around 1910 with his wife Grace(Mandella, I believe this to be her maiden name) 3 daughters between the ages of 3 and 9...(Girls) their names were Marie (Mary), Rose,...
by sweetpea
21 Mar 2009, 21:38
Topic: Ronzani in Ironwood, MI
Replies: 7
Views: 13856

Re: Ronzani in Ironwood, MI

I know this is an extremely old thread, My name is Debby Ronsani (Ronzani) I am related to Gene Ronzani. I am also trying to find family In/From Iron Mt. There is also a connection to Cantele, Sartori.. Maddalena Ronzani , Lusiana-- DOB ?? DOd-- May 23, 1885 , Lusiana-- She married an Antonio Sartor...