by Leanne82
03 May 2021, 07:10
Forum: Locations in Italy
Topic: Santeramo delle Colle Internment Camp, Bari
Replies: 2
Views: 8670

Re: Santeramo delle Colle Internment Camp, Bari

Thank you Arturo.c!

My family spent time here so very interested in this information.

Thank you kindly!
by Leanne82
31 Mar 2011, 02:59
Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
Topic: ROMANO, Lorenzo Millitary re
Replies: 1
Views: 922

Re: ROMANO, Lorenzo Millitary re

Hi There, I've had a quick look on the following website and there appears to be two records for Lorenzo Romano - not sure if they are your ancestors or not. Cut and paste link into browser; http://www.difesa.it/Templates/OnorCaduti.aspx?NRMODE=Published&NRNODEGUID=%7b0C9F25D3-8C22-4ED3-A411-D16...
by Leanne82
31 Mar 2011, 02:47
Topic: Help Required
Replies: 3
Views: 1210

Re: Help Required

Thank you Livio!

Unfortunately the image is exactly what I received from the records office - I'm waiting for them to confirm each heading.

Thank you again for confirming the reasons for his death.
by Leanne82
31 Mar 2011, 02:47

Re: Help Required

Thank you Livio!

Unfortunately the image is exactly what I received from the records office - I'm waiting for them to confirm each heading.

Thank you again for confirming the reasons for his death.
by Leanne82
28 Mar 2011, 02:59

Help Required

Hi There, I'm having trouble working out to particular words on this death extract, is anyone able to assist? The extract is for a Dante Giovanni (Ioannes) Visintin. Died: 03.08.1926 Address: 557 San Silvestro Parents: Angelo and Giovanna nee Sturmar Dante was born: 15.12.1924 Confirmation required ...
by Leanne82
19 Oct 2010, 02:10
Forum: Off Topic - We don't only do Italian Genealogy
Topic: finding someone entering australia
Replies: 10
Views: 7738

Re: finding someone entering australia

Hi There, I have found on the Natioal Archives of Australia's website a listing for Ernest Cassinelli, not sure if this is your ancestor. You will need to pay to view these records (approx. $16) and you'll be able to download the files. http://naa12.naa.gov.au/SearchNRetrieve/Interface/DetailsReport...
by Leanne82
03 Aug 2010, 03:15
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: What is this occupation?
Replies: 19
Views: 8833

Re: What is this occupation?

Hi There,

Here is a site that has a few suggestions of occupations with the English translation.

http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.anc ... ngocc.html

Cheers
by Leanne82
13 May 2010, 06:58
Topic: Registry of Italians from Istria in Trieste
Replies: 5
Views: 7060

Re: Registry of Italians from Istria in Trieste

Hi There, The archive in Pazin should have a copy of the original birth register or certificate. Any census records also would help indicate he was an Italian citizen. http://en.istat.it/ (you may have some luck with writing to these people also and see if they keep any census archives). As your gra...
by Leanne82
13 May 2010, 00:45
Topic: Registry of Italians from Istria in Trieste
Replies: 5
Views: 7060

Re: Registry of Italians from Istria in Trieste

Hi There, Can you provide any further information? What year your grandfather was born or town in istria? Trieste may not have these records if your grandfather wasn't born there. My ancestors are also from Istria and I haven't come across a general registry. I have written to the local town church ...
by Leanne82
22 Apr 2010, 04:14
Topic: Documents from Trieste question please
Replies: 4
Views: 4323

Re: Documents from Trieste question please

Hi There, As far as I'm aware Trieste was still under the Kingdom of Italy rulership in 1923. Prior to this it was under the Austro-Hungarian Empire for a period. For the city of Trieste specifically try; Ufficio dello Stato Civile Comune di Trieste Piazza Unita d’Italia 4 34121 Trieste Or Vienna ...
by Leanne82
07 Feb 2010, 22:44
Topic: Can anybody read what's on this tombstone?
Replies: 1
Views: 2378

Re: Can anybody read what's on this tombstone?

Hi There,

'Qui Riposano' means 'here lay' or 'here rests'
Santa Lore
1895-1924
Antonina Lore
1922-1925

I assume mother and daughter are buried in the same grave.

Cheers

Leanne
by Leanne82
07 Feb 2010, 22:34
Topic: Not sure how to start
Replies: 4
Views: 4084

Re: Not sure how to start

Hi There, I've just had a look at our National Archives and there are quite a few Ferrier's. Copy and paste Link below into your search engine; http://naa12.naa.gov.au/scripts/Items_listing.asp?S=1&F=1&O=0&T=I&C=542 To access information you need to register (for free) with the websi...
by Leanne82
08 Nov 2009, 03:16
Topic: Help needed with Parish Record
Replies: 14
Views: 10266

Re: Help needed with Parish Record

Thank you to Luca, Livio and Wildspirit for your help! You're all wonderful and I'm appreciative for your help and knowledge.
by Leanne82
07 Nov 2009, 08:48

Just to confirm, would this be correct? I realise some of the names I haven't confirmed yet. Thankyou!! No. 4 25 September 1802 Sdregna (Zrenj or Stridone) Giovanni, legitimate and natural son of Mattio Chmet ? Giovanni, and Pasqua, daughter of Giovanni Sirovich or Sirotich? her legitimate spouse, b...
by Leanne82
05 Nov 2009, 22:21

Hi Livio I'm looking for Ivan (Could be written also as Ioannes or John) Kmet. I assume he was born in the 1700s. I am not sure whether there are any other Kmets or Chmets written in the document. Their local nickname was Fatoric. I do know that Ivan had a son - Mathias (or written as matteo/matthew...