Search found 6 matches

by pmarrone
22 Apr 2009, 06:16
Forum: Off Topic - We don't only do Italian Genealogy
Topic: Italians of Pueblo, Colorado
Replies: 25
Views: 25698

Re: Italians of Pueblo, Colorado

It's not a biography of "Cheech" Vence, just so you know. However, many of the old-school Puebloans (now in their 80s and 90s) I've spoken to have mentioned Vence's name.
by pmarrone
22 Apr 2009, 02:33

Interesting. Thanks Beth.
BethW wrote:There is a WWI Draft Registration card for a Frank Palmer Vence of Pueblo, Colorado. He is listed as an Italian subject, born Feb 28, 1885.
Occupation - "Soft drink Parlor"
Employer - Joe Vettr
Employment address - 242 W. 1st St., Pueblo, Colorado
by pmarrone
22 Apr 2009, 01:14

For one thing, he was the original owner of the famed Silver Moon Restaurant and Nightclub back in the 1930s. The Silver Moon was known the world over. All Puebloans back in the day remember "Cheech" Vence, but I don't know anything about him.
by pmarrone
21 Apr 2009, 22:18

Thank you so much. By the way, his name has been mentioned during my interviews. He seems to have been a legendary figure in Pueblo, Colorado, yet I can't find a shred of information on him! None! Do you have any idea who I can talk to to get some information? It's as if he were a ghost that never e...
by pmarrone
21 Apr 2009, 20:15

Thank you very much! This is very helpful. So the first name of "Veyce" is misspelled, then, right? Hi, here what I found: 1910 United States Federal Census about Frank Veyce Name: Frank Veyce [Frank Vence] Age in 1910: 24 Estimated Birth Year: abt 1886 Birthplace: Italy Relation to Head o...
by pmarrone
01 Apr 2009, 02:40

Italians of Pueblo, Colorado

Hi everyone, I'm writing a biography at the moment and am trying to get info. on the legendary Italians of the 20s and 30s in Pueblo, Colorado. I'm curious if anyone has come across the name of Frank "Cheech" Vence at all. Any information you have would be very helpful. Thanks. Best, Paul