Search found 5 matches

by katrinamawbey
10 Apr 2009, 11:31
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Tedesco
Replies: 16
Views: 13700

Re: Tedesco

im sorry, but i dont know anyone in Italy... Everyone i know is in England. Antonio is the only link we have to Italy at the moment. His children were called Antonia, Mary Rose, Joseph, Louis, and Francis. I only know that Antonio's father was called Peter (alternative italian spelling maybe Petre??...
by katrinamawbey
10 Apr 2009, 07:11

Thank you for all the replys, There is no way i can get any documation at all. The only information i have available is Antonio's marriage certificate and one possible death certificate (that is on order at the moment to see if it is actually him). As i am gathering, it is looking highly unlikely th...
by katrinamawbey
08 Apr 2009, 19:36

My dad has just been in touch with some relatives, and it seems to be a case that Antonio was born somewhere near Naples in a town beginning with S, with a short name... Possibly Sora???

Any idea of any Tedesco's in this area?
by katrinamawbey
08 Apr 2009, 15:37

Hi there, No they were definately not german. Tedesco as far as i can gather, is a very popular Italian name.. All i was basically after is how the word is actually pronounced... if anyone is able to write that phonetcially for me, so i can get my head around the surname Tetesagge.. id really apprec...
by katrinamawbey
07 Apr 2009, 19:29

Tedesco

Hi there, i was wondering if anyone could give me the phonetic spelling for the surname Tedesco.... My great grandad was called Antonio Tetesagge, but after trying to find this surname, i have come to the conclusion that it has been grossly mispelt when the surname was spoken to an english person as...