Search found 114 matches

by carinthiangirl
14 Apr 2019, 14:57
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Retalic, Italian Surname?
Replies: 7
Views: 2156

Re: Retalic, Italian Surname?

Never heard for the Balkans and not to find in Slovenian, Croatian and Serbian phonebook.
by carinthiangirl
02 Dec 2014, 16:37
Forum: Locations in Italy
Topic: Monte Secco?
Replies: 10
Views: 4250

Re: Monte Secco?

A book (detective novel) of a Bernhard Jaumann refers to a village Montesecco in Marche: " Eine weitere Reihe bildet die Trilogie um Montesecco. Das kleine, dem Aussterben nahe Dorf in den italienischen Marken wird zum Schauplatz raffinierter Verbrechen." Another series is the trilogy abou...
by carinthiangirl
28 Oct 2014, 12:37
Topic: Birth Certificate from ROVIGO (Veneto region) around 1855
Replies: 5
Views: 4182

Re: Birth Certificate from ROVIGO (Veneto region) around 185

"We are a Roman Catholic family and emigrated from Italy." REALLY? Think i checked that. ;) Nice answer for that one states also some other links for help in Italy. And it is well known that just before 100 and more years Jews also often changed religion and became roman.cath. So a same na...
by carinthiangirl
28 Oct 2014, 12:30
Topic: Sava in Lecce??
Replies: 7
Views: 10705

Re: Sava in Lecce??

http://www.distanzechilometriche.it/distanza-sava-a-lecce https://www.google.at/maps/place/Sava+TA,+Italien/@40.3995026,17.5588935,13z/data=!4m2!3m1!1s0x1346ee1970325f05:0x145d02a4cee777d1 https://www.google.at/maps/place/Lecce+LE,+Italien/@40.3902262,17.8721705,9z/data=!4m2!3m1!1s0x13442ee42f2d1109...
by carinthiangirl
05 Sep 2014, 14:57
Topic: Surname Bellino--dead end!!
Replies: 42
Views: 10461

Re: Surname Bellino--dead end!!

Yes really, the old page was so easy and fast to search - and now :( I do not like it so much. the simple result list of old site was great and easy. I do not understand why they changed into this unhelpful way…... Did you register new? I could not go longer in with the old name and password on the ...
by carinthiangirl
14 Jul 2014, 17:01
Topic: Can anyone tell me what my last name means?
Replies: 28
Views: 16151

Re: Can anyone tell me what my last name means?

Egidio simple also can belong to the Names Group " lastname about firstname". So in this case more possibility to have orgin at firstname Egidio how it is sometimes usual for lastnames. But it leeds to the Goat Theme in any case far back too, like also before posted. So in fact all comes t...
by carinthiangirl
09 May 2014, 20:08
Topic: Province or small town called Melitta
Replies: 4
Views: 2704

Re: Province or small town called Melitta

was it now Melitta or Miletta :?:
you wrote both variants in your posting :!:
by carinthiangirl
09 May 2014, 19:56
Topic: To all jewish-italians out there
Replies: 17
Views: 34988

Re: To all jewish-italians out there

"I don't understand? 'What you are saying, every name on this list were Jews first?? Every name"? If my last name is in this group, You are saying no matter what, I came form a Jewish background first??? " no - does not mean all of jewish orgin! :mrgreen: there are very many names in ...
by carinthiangirl
31 Jan 2014, 17:08
Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
Topic: health cover in Europe
Replies: 58
Views: 26188

Re: health cover in Europe

think we're talking past each other. I'm talking the whole time from the reverse case. wasn´t the theme that an american got the Italian citizenship? of course he must first provide the proof that he paid in his countrys system and then "transfer" into italian system. I just want to say th...
by carinthiangirl
30 Jan 2014, 15:12

i can´t believe that just Italy has for EVERYONE national health care, when they have also "liability Insurance" for that. :shock: so how can a person who never payed into the system get it. very new for me and never heared. normally you have just a time-period (1 or 2 years) to work to ge...
by carinthiangirl
28 Jan 2014, 18:17

"Everyone permanently resident in the European Union is covered under the national healthcare systems." not correct! not everybody is automatically insured! one must have payed a certain time into the health care system in order to have permission for it! so it can be covered either by wor...
by carinthiangirl
30 Dec 2013, 19:48
Forum: Italian History & Culture
Topic: World War I in Italy
Replies: 9
Views: 6600

Re: World War I in Italy

"Even Italian national civilians themselves could have found themselves interned, if they had made any non patriotic comments against their own government."

that was always clear, as is and was usual everywhere and every time. ;)
and questions will always bring answers and opinions.
by carinthiangirl
30 Dec 2013, 13:45

now, i do not believe on such internment at WW1 by Italians for british only on the fact to be british . one side of my family is from provinces which was lost from Austria-Hungary to Italy after WW1 and i never heard that any of my "austrian-hungarians" ever were interned as civilians bei...
by carinthiangirl
29 Dec 2013, 16:41

still i have no idea why a british should have been interned at WW1 by the italians !!! http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Italian_Front_%28World_War_I%29 !!!Italy, though nominally allied with the German Empire and the Empire of Austria-Hungary in the Triple Alliance, then refused to join them when the w...