Search found 157 matches

by Donald66
08 May 2015, 01:34
Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
Topic: Philly
Replies: 5
Views: 3151

Re: Philly

When my sister applied, she had an 18 year old and a 17 year old. She recalls providing the Consulate with both birth certificates during the 1st appointment. Now both kids are over 18. I spoke with the translator that handled all of my documents for NYC & she told me that each Consulate operate...
by Donald66
06 May 2015, 22:39
Topic: Philly
Views: 3151

Philly

Question: When I applied for Citizenship in NYC: my birth certificate, my marriage license and my minor child's birth certificate were all recorded in the comune in Italy. My sister applied in Philly and only HER birth certificate was recorded in the comune, not her marriage license or the birth cer...
by Donald66
10 Mar 2013, 22:09
Topic: Spousal citizenship process in NYC
Replies: 2
Views: 1377

Spousal citizenship process in NYC

Is anyone familiar with the process of getting Italian Citizenship for my wife? My son and I are registered with the Consualte and have our passports already. I read somewhere that my marriage license needs to be recorded in Italy 1st? Is that correct?? Further, what is the the process for obtaining...
by Donald66
04 Oct 2012, 22:28
Topic: Jure Sanguinis Application
Replies: 8
Views: 5520

Re: Jure Sanguinis Application

After the Consulate sends the applicants document to the Comune & it is recorded, will the Consulate notify the applicant when the process is complete? When can the applicant make an appointment for a passport? Also, what is the process of recording a child's birth after 1 of his parent's jure s...
by Donald66
28 Jul 2012, 02:38
Topic: One and the Same
Replies: 7
Views: 3158

Re: One and the Same

total costs = $900.00
by Donald66
12 Jul 2012, 12:41

We did this in Greenwich and used a local lawyer.

Use a local (and Italian :D )lawyer that deals extensively with the local probate court.
by Donald66
12 Jul 2012, 02:43

My grandfather was born with his last name ending with an "i". When he got to NYC the last name ended with an "o". When I was born, my father changed the "o" to an "a". All this was done without any official/legal changes for name. We hired a lawyer, went to o...
by Donald66
11 Jul 2012, 03:45

We just submitted a "one and the same" court order to the NY Consulate in April and are waiting for a response.
by Donald66
11 Jul 2012, 03:43
Topic: email addresses for NYC Consulate
Views: 2955

Re: email addresses for NYC Consulate

Still no word. What "should" be happening? Are the documents reviewed & approved in NYC then sent for recording in Italy? Or should they be telling us that our citizenship applications have been approved, then send the documents to Italy for recording? Not sure how fast things happen i...
by Donald66
30 May 2012, 04:27

Re: email addresses for NYC Consulate

Ok, it has been a month since we mailed the "last" documents to NYC Consulate.

They were sent via Fed Ex and we have confirmed receipt of the package.

Should we have heard something by now or is it time to worry??
by Donald66
28 Apr 2012, 02:02

email addresses for NYC Consulate

I'll be sending some follow up documents to the NYC Consulate on Monday to the attention of Emilio DiFrancesco. Does anyone have an e-mail address for him?

My translator suggested I email him to ensure the documents were received, but she had no address.
by Donald66
11 Dec 2011, 22:29
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Duke of Asti, an Amato
Views: 1648

Re: Duke of Asti, an Amato

Yes, I believe this is. Should have said grandmother, not mother, my mistake. My research uncovered a Don Antonio de Amato y Buglio, Duke of Asti, that was inducted into the Spainish Knightly Order of Alcantara, his paternal grandmother was stated to be Dona Constanza de Angota, a native of Sicily. ...
by Donald66
11 Dec 2011, 19:24
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Duke of Asti, an Amato
Views: 1648

Duke of Asti, an Amato

Trying to locate information on the Antonio Amato, Duke of Asti. His mother was Costanza de Angota & I believe she was an ancestor of mine.

The Amato/Angotta connection is based in Messina, Sicily approx. the year 1650.

Any ideas?
by Donald66
02 Nov 2011, 01:09
Topic: When Do Docs Need to Be "Authenticated" By Other Consulates?
Replies: 22
Views: 5633

Re: When Do Docs Need to Be "Authenticated" By Other Consula

JJ313: One additional question. What is the order in which services should be applied to an out-of-jurisdiction document? Is it translate-apostille (minus the translation)-authentication (seems most logical), or translate-authentication-apostille (minus translate and auth.)? I'm not sure if authent...