by mbarberi
30 May 2009, 00:35
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Barbieri Families with roots in Cerreto Sannita, Italy
Replies: 38
Views: 28996

Re: Barbieri Families with roots in Cerreto Sannita, Italy

Anthony:

I don't know Don Crivellone but would be happy to correspond with him about Barbieri's.

Thanks,

Mike Barberi
by mbarberi
27 May 2009, 22:53

If you don't have access to Ancestry.com or other genealogy websites, I would be willing to help you get started. I have been doing this stuff for 10 years now. I may have a Margarita Barbieri in my database. Nevertheless, let me do some research and I will get back to you. If you have any other inf...
by mbarberi
27 May 2009, 22:01

As you probably know, the Barbieri surname is very common in Italy. Hence, unless Margarita Barbieri came from Cerreto Sannita or a nearby town, I would be of limited help to you. If you find Margarita Barbieri in the US Census Records, you may be able to determine her date of immigration. Armed wit...
by mbarberi
27 May 2009, 21:51

The 300 euros is Joe's daily rate. Whether it is one record or 20 records, he must travel to and from San Lorenzello, look up the record and write to you. Hence a request for one or two records makes the price prohibited. If you want to use a professional genealogist, you should request all surname ...
by mbarberi
25 May 2009, 20:07

If you run across any Barbieri's in the Birth, Marriage or Death Civil Records 1809-1860 in San Lorenzello, please let me know. Thanks for your emails.

Regards

Mike Barberi
by mbarberi
24 May 2009, 21:57

Thanks. I had most of the Barbieri records posted on GeneaNet but not all of them especially the descendants of one female Barbieri posted that married a Ciaburri(o).

Regards,

Mike Barberi
by mbarberi
23 May 2009, 23:29

I made a mistake. Vincenzo Gagliardi had a daughter named Antonietta that was born about 1861-1863. Hence, Vincenzo Gagliardi was likely married in the 1850s in Cerreto. Many people had a number of children at this time, so I can't be sure if Antonietta was his first, third or last child. I don't ex...
by mbarberi
23 May 2009, 23:20

Thanks! Like I said, I'll keep an eye out for you. Anything specific you want me to look for? I only have access to the microfilms (1809-1860) but if you get lucky with the processetti you can go back as far as the early 1700's or so. AG I have all the Barbieri Civil Records 1809-1860 in Cerreto. H...
by mbarberi
23 May 2009, 21:17

Sorry for the delayed response. I wish this place alerted you when someone responds! Anyway- My last name is Giammatteo (in older records it is spelled Giamattei or Giammattei). My people originally came from San Lorenzello then moved to Alife sometime around 1840 or so. Though some branches may ha...
by mbarberi
27 Apr 2009, 20:52

Hi, I have come across the Barbieri name while researching my tree in S. Lorenzello but so far no connection. I'm curious though, how did you get back to 1579? Did you somehow get access to the church records? Aliza Aliza: I have been using an Italian genealogist for the past 5 years. He has gained...
by mbarberi
27 Apr 2009, 02:09

Barbieri Families with roots in Cerreto Sannita, Italy

Looking for any distant Barbieri cousin from the US or Italy with roots in Cerreto Sannita, Italy. I have 2500 Barbieri records from 1579-1899 representing my direct Barbieri ancestors and all other Barbieri's from Cerreto. I also have many other Barbieri records from nearby towns such as Pietraroja...