Search found 18 matches

by mexicocaribbean
11 May 2012, 17:36
Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
Topic: Qualification for Italian citizenship
Replies: 4
Views: 2169

Re: Qualification for Italian citizenship

In the case of my friend whose mother lost her citizenship because of becoming a Canadian citizen, what would happen if she were to apply for Italian citizenship and only showed her U.S. naturalization certificate?
by mexicocaribbean
11 May 2012, 14:00
Topic: Qualification for Italian citizenship
Views: 2169

Qualification for Italian citizenship

I'm trying to help 2 friend to see if they qualify for Italian citizenship. 1. He was born in Italy in 1949 and emigrated to the U.S. in 1957, then joined the army and because a U.S. citizen in 1970. Is he eligible for Italian citizenship? 2. My friend was born in 1954 to an Italian mother. Her moth...
by mexicocaribbean
10 Mar 2012, 17:28
Topic: italian citizenship question?
Replies: 2
Views: 995

italian citizenship question?

I have a friend I'm helping to obtain Italian citizenship by jure sanguinis. I did mine and several others and thought I was pretty up on how this worked but my friend's situation is a bit different. He was born in 1940 in Italy. His parents were Italians who emigrated to the U.S. at the turn of the...
by mexicocaribbean
10 Mar 2012, 15:58
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: citizenship qualification question?
Replies: 0
Views: 493

citizenship qualification question?

I have a friend I'm helping to obtain Italian citizenship by jure sanguinis. I did mine and several others and thought I was pretty up on how this worked but my friend's situation is a bit different. He was born in 1940 in Italy. His parents were Italians who emigrated to the U.S. at the turn of the...
by mexicocaribbean
19 Jun 2010, 18:02
Topic: USS Canopic
Views: 2262

USS Canopic

I'm trying to establish the actual date of arrival for the Canopic in the port of Boston on February 14th; the year is in question; it's either 1904 or 1905. The ship manifest shows 1904, yet someone penciled this out and replaced 1905. This ie the ship my great grandfather and mother were on. They ...
by mexicocaribbean
19 Jun 2010, 17:43
Topic: automatic citizenship to children
Views: 2524

Re: automatic citizenship to children

I never thought of that. Wouldn't the children by default still be considered citizens because they were already born at the time their mother became a citizen?
by mexicocaribbean
18 Jun 2010, 23:26
Topic: automatic citizenship to children
Views: 2524

automatic citizenship to children

I was with my daughter today at the Detroit consulate to have her apply for citizenship. To my surprise I was told that all of her children under the age of 18 would automatically become citzens; we did not want this. But they told us that this was the case and if she bacame a citizen that the child...
by mexicocaribbean
15 Jun 2010, 14:04
Topic: Italian citizenship risks
Views: 2730

Italian citizenship risks

I'm sure this question may have been asked before, but I don't know the answer. Someone suggested to me that if I obtain dual citizenship for my children or grandchildren, especially boys then in the even of a war, as Italian citizens thay may be inducted into the military by Italy. Does anyone know...
by mexicocaribbean
17 Jul 2009, 02:26
Topic: italian birth and marriage certificates
Replies: 1
Views: 2469

italian birth and marriage certificates

I've found the town where my great grandmother and grandfather were born and married. I want to order the birth and marriage certificates. Does anyone know if I have to have them certified or will they automatically be certified when I receive them? After all this work I don't want to receive certif...
by mexicocaribbean
06 Jun 2009, 14:06
Topic: requesting certificates from Italy
Views: 5129

Re: requesting certificates from Italy

I recently sent a message to the comune in Popoli requesting information on getting birth certificates and marrigae certificate for my great grandmother and grandfather. I don't know how long it takes to get a response or if I will get any response at all. I know there are services out there that do...
by mexicocaribbean
24 May 2009, 19:27

Re: requesting certificates from Italy

thank you vey much for this information wldspirit
by mexicocaribbean
23 May 2009, 13:24

requesting certificates from Italy

Hello I am in the processs of applying for Italian citizenship and the last step is to obtain birth and marriage certificates from my great grandfather/grandmother's hometown. I have all the information including name, DOB, etc. They are from a town called Popoli in Abruzzi. Does anyone know if I ca...
by mexicocaribbean
18 May 2009, 00:59
Topic: canopic ship manifest
Replies: 10
Views: 14465

Re: canopic ship manifest

Wow. I am impressed. Thanks Biff, Laura and Valarie. I don't want to overburden you with questions but this has raised more questions. Laura, you indicated that they arrived in 1905 but I noticed that the that the stamped date on the manifest was originally 1904 and crossed out and 1905 was written ...