Search found 8 matches

by juliabeam
01 Jan 2010, 22:00
Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
Topic: Translation
Replies: 2
Views: 2843

Re: Translation

Many thanks, Peter. I so look forward to corresponding with my cousins!

Julia
by juliabeam
01 Jan 2010, 20:55
Topic: Translation
Replies: 2
Views: 2843

Translation

Can someone translate a letter for me so I can keep in touch with my newly-found family in Italy? I really appreciate any help you can give me Any suggestions on how I canhave future ,longer letters translated? Dear Antonio, I want to let you know how much I think about you & the family. I remem...
by juliabeam
07 Aug 2009, 16:43
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Meaning of surname, Vignapiano
Replies: 4
Views: 5802

Re: Meaning of surname, Vignapiano

I am sure we are related! Emilio and Lucia Vignapiano are my grandparents. It sounds to me like your great-grandmother is Florie(Filomena), my aunt. My father,Peter(Pietro) is a brother of your great-grandmother. Who is your grandmother? Doralice,daughter of Annie Vignapiano(sister of Florie) and I ...
by juliabeam
11 Jun 2009, 12:53
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Meaning of surname, Vignapiano
Replies: 4
Views: 5802

Meaning of surname, Vignapiano

I have been trying to determine the meaning of my maiden name which is Vignapiano. I remember my father telling me that, loosely translated, it meant "sweet wine", but I am wondering if that is correct. The Vignapiano family is from Angri, a comune in Salerno. Thank you for any insight you...
by juliabeam
03 Jun 2009, 12:31
Topic: Visit to Italy
Replies: 7
Views: 6896

Re: Visit to Italy

Thank you ,Luca, for the translation. My letter will be in the mail!

Julia
by juliabeam
02 Jun 2009, 23:02

Re: Visit to Italy

Thank you all for your responses to my first post. I am planning to do some kind of a book with photos, family trees, & a lot of stories passed down through the years from my grandparents & my father. Some of the stories are very heartwarming. Yes, I want to preserve all of this for my child...
by juliabeam
28 May 2009, 12:31
Forum: Off Topic - We don't only do Italian Genealogy
Topic: New Foto Album - Province Salerno
Replies: 8
Views: 10721

Re: New Foto Album - Province Salerno

Thank you for sharing your beautiful photos. Salerno is the area of my grandparents' birth( Angri & Sant'Egidio del Monte Albino.

And thank you for the welcome to this forum.

Do you know anyone who can translate a letter for me?

Julia
by juliabeam
27 May 2009, 13:13

Visit to Italy

I am new to any kind of forum & need to learn the ropes! My paternal grandparent immigrated to Brooklyn, NY from Angri & Sant' Egidio del Monte Albino in 1900/1901. I have been researching my Italian genealogy off & on for several years. A few weeks ago, my cousin & I were able to tr...